Paint Peeling - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-23-1999, 10:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Paint Peeling

Has anyone had a problem with the paint coming of their Dodge trucks? I have a 94 dodge ram diesel and the paint is coming of the roof of the cab and soon to be falling of the driver side front fender. The truck is a metallic gray. It had the optional paint protectant put on by the factory when new. The paint started coming of a few years ago.
[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]<font color=blue>Justin <font color=blue>

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-1999, 01:23 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Paint Peeling

Justin,
I had the same problem with my Dakota (92). I took it back to the dealer, and they repainted it under warranty. Apparently there were a few problems with some of the clearcoats...at least that is what they told me. Pay a visit to the best Dodge dealer in you area and have their body shop MANAGER look at your truck.
Good Luck!

Mike (440trk)
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-28-1999, 04:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Paint Peeling

I had that problem with my 88 gmc pickup...it was a problem with most manufacturers regardless of brand name....if an owner was persistant enough, i was possible to get a new paint job. I have heard of groups of owners filing law suits but I have no particulars....Seems there was a problem with the primer not bonding properly to the top coat.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode