Which site to use? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-19-1999, 12:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Which site to use?

Wyz, let's just let it work itself out. I hate the password thing here, but it is a nice site in other ways. You can send attachments, make the little signs, which helps people know how you really feel (words are hard to interpret sometimes, especially when you have a rather muddled sense of humor like mine). These guys, regardless of my remarks, have tried hard to make us a good site, and it's free. I appreciate it, even though I do make fun and complain sometimes. Bill is just getting his site started, so it will be a little lean, and will have to work out the bugs. I just tried to access it and couldn't. But that's happened with this site more times than I can count....I mean the other Dodge site before this. Many people are using both now. The good thing about Bill's site is you bookmark it and it opens right to it. I've already forgot my first password here, and had to get a new one. Now I have to carry the convoluted mess around with me in my wallet and put it in my drawer at work, because I'm not about to memorize it. Using Bill's site is advantageous also because he is working hard to support Dodgers like us, and will take over from me in leading the runs once we get there (cause I don't know what I'm doing once we get there). Bill has climbed on our bandwagon, now we need to support him, but not abandon this one. Bill is working to make our Dodge runs a success. I don't know if you saw the Ford run announcement or not, but they have Ford factory reps coming to their runs and riding with the participants. Bill is now making contact with Mopar to bring their traveling show and do the same with us. Another reason for supporting Bill is that he has another entirely different group of Dodgers on his line. Please don't misinterpret me here because I love the guys on this line. This is a disappointment to me that we have received so little support from this site on the Dodge run. I said "disappointment", not anger. There is NO way in this world I would expect you and Mudder and others from the midwest and east to attend this. That would be unreasonable. But, on the other hand, we have received almost NO SUPPORT from Arizona. I know there are a lot of Dodgers in AZ. The ride from Yuma is easy and quick, and yet the only Yumans coming are "Townies". We have changed the name to "Borrego, Dodge City, USA". This run got posted all over the net, and non-ram Dodgers emailed and asked if they could come. That's why we dumped the exclusive moniker "Ram". Those people came from Offroad Exchange. We have established ourselves as a rep group for Dodge and gained the support of at least one major mag., had one of our guys hired as a staff writer, formed the nucleus of an annual,or even semi-annual Dodge run (to be worked out at Borrego), and gained a lot of attention, and that's not even mentioning the people we have brought together who love different kinds of Dodges. BOTH sites contributed to all of this. I know there are people who don't give a damn about any of this, and are only here to get free help, but let's use both, and see what happens. Whattayathink? Thanks for your moral support on the run and your comments to me from you and Mudder. That's what makes you guys the best on the net. Regards. ross

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-19-1999, 03:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Which site to use?

Holy long messages Batman![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I didn't read the whole thing, but I wanted to make a comment on the new board part.

A lot of people don't seem to have a lot of patients for change (and I'm not judging here) and have decided not to use this board anymore. Some may come back and some may not, that's life.

I would however encourage people to work with it a bit before making any rash decisions. On the Jeep board we had a few people who complained before they even gave the new board a chance. They swore they would be going elsewhere, but now that they have gotten use to it they have stayed and like it. On the other hand there are others who have gone and don't seem interested in coming back.

<center><font color=red>YOU CAN BOOKMARK THE DODGE PAGE</font color=red></center>

One of the misconseptions is that you have to login everytime you visit the site. Not true! As long as you don't logout you can just bookmark the board you want and go directly to that board everytime. You can even make a shortcut to this page on your desktop if you wish.

I entered my password when I registered and haven't used it since. The only time you would have to login again is if you use a different computer to access the site.

Hope this helps you guys!

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-19-1999, 04:01 PM

Hey jo-jo, if you're logged in already with one computer, what would happen if you tried to log on with another computer? Just wonderin' if you know that, because that's an interesting point for me, incase I wish to use this at a friend's house or where ever...

Tim
"The_Sandman_454"

'79 GMC Suburban 4x4 and '85 GMC S15 4x4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-1999, 04:35 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I think that's part of a lot of our problems. When people ask a question, they don't listen to the answer. If you had read on, I explained why I feel it is good that we support Bill's site. Some of us have worked real hard to get Dodge some fair share of reporting. Why? So the manufacturers will know we're here and make products for us. That's not all, but I don't want to make it too long for you.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-1999, 02:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, so maybe I shouldn't have said that I didn't read it because I did skim over it. It's just that it got into Dodge Board and Dodge event specifics. I wasn't directing my message to you specifically Ross or trying to judge anything. I understand completely your wanting to support the other board. I roam around all the boards looking for information for myself and my friends (various vehicle brands), and when I think I can offer some help I will. I just know from other boards that there is some confusion as to how the new board works. I have been working with the new board since it was in the test phase and have figured most things out by now. I just thought I would make an attempt to clear up the login issue for you guys. If I'm butting into your business, just let me know, I'm not here to irratate anyone.

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-20-1999, 02:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Good question! Unfortunetly I don't know enough about computers to give you a yes or no answer. I would suspect that this wouldn't be a problem.

I just did a test:

I kept my Netscape browser running while logged into this site. I then ran Internet Explorer and opened this site. I had to login enitially, but everything worked fine.

I know this isn't exactly the same thing that you are talking about, but I don't think your going to have a problem.

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode