Leaf spring specs? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-17-1999, 03:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Leaf spring specs?

Can anybody give me the width, length, center pin positions and approximate arch height for their truck's leaf springs please. Looking at cheap ways to lift non-Dodge rigs. Thanks!

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-17-1999, 09:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Leaf spring specs?

I will take some measurements and let you know. I can tell you that the well-worn pack from my '86 D150 (5 leafs) installed in the rear of my '89 Cherokee added 3.25". I cut the eyes off the main leaf and installed them and the 3 smaller leaves below it with the original Jeep main leaf (left out the Dodge overload leaf). Don't know how well it will work on say your CJ but it definitely works on an XJ.

Jason Hansen
http://homepages.msn.com/YosemiteDr/xjhansen/
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-17-1999, 08:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks Jason, that sounds good. I'm actually just in a fact finding mode right now. I have a friend with a Toyota who wants to do a cheap lift and we will get started on that soon. I am looking for spring specs for my CJ too and another friend has a YJ that is looking for a lift. I'm buying a Sami too and I think I'm going to use CJ springs on that one.

Just one of those people who just has to go against the grain a little (and save some cash while I'm at it)![img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

BTW, go to the Q&A section on the BBS mainpage and you'll be able to find out how to make your web page url clickable in your signature. I helped a couple people with this, just look for HTML in the subject headings.

<font color=red>jo-jo
'77 CJ5 Fozzy Locker
20 degree RTI 1250
</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-19-1999, 10:31 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Jo-Jo, whats you doin over here in the mopar section. Just kiddin. Most of the springs I measured for my wrangler were way to long from the pin to the rear of the spring hanger for the rear springs. The chevy blazer front springs were about as close as I could find other than what I'm running now which are wagoneer front springs all the way around, they were only about an inch longer and had the option of 3 different leaf paks, plus the spring Is were the right size for the wrangler. I didn't check every thing in the junk yard but looked at quite a few. Good luck, Steve

Mopar360yj
87yj+20,74CHR.030360,SOA,35BFGATs,46RH,241DHD,
D60-44-4.10
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-21-1999, 12:15 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just to add to the confusion.....Jeep Wagoneer/Cherokee rear springs are the same exact length as the rear springs on a Ramcharger all years. There is a handy book called the Guide to 4x4's at Barnes and Noble. It lists options and facts on every 4x4 back to the 50's and gives lengths of the leaf springs for all of them...handy book let me tell ya.........robo

Check out my site at http://www.zianet.com/robomeag/index.htm [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode