see ANY 03 2500 v-10 quadcab 4x4's yet? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 07:55 AM Thread Starter

see ANY 03 2500 v-10 quadcab 4x4\'s yet?

I haven't seen any and i've called several dealers, mine has been ordered for a month now and still nothing! I have seen 2 03 v-10 2500 4x2's, just no 4x4 models...
I've been beating up my 95 2500 lately since i'm so mad at the axle noise in the rear and now the tranny doesn't like down shifting perfectly anymore. I guess since the weather has warmed up over 60 now here in eastern mass then its a good time to fix the old 89 jeep in which I broke the rear axle going air born off a cliff and upon landing the rear spiders blew apart and also I have a badly leaking slave cylinder so time to repair it just in case the truck breaks.
[img]images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-10-2002, 08:51 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: see ANY 03 2500 v-10 quadcab 4x4\'s yet?

Personally no, but I'm pretty sure there's some around here. The V10 sells really well to people who still beleive the various diesel myths around here.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I'll go look in the paper.

Nothing in the paper, they do advertise 03 Hemi Quadcab 4x4 2500's for $29,969. Have you considered special ordering one and waiting for it?
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-11-2002, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

I did order one around October 15th, just was wondering if there is any around since theres none around here [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] I called my dealer and he said that its about to be scheduled so maybe a ship date later this month... [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 12-01-2002, 01:13 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I haven't seen any '03 V10's yet. I'm guessing the Hemi may overshadow the V10 (for awhile at least) because of the higher horsepower/better fuel mileage thing. I have seen a few of the Hemi trucks on the lot's and on the road though.

Hey, does anyone know if the new Hemi has the plugs going through the valve covers like the "old" ones? I haven't seen the motor yet and was just wondering.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 12:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yep, the plugs go through the the valve cover and there are 2 plugs per cylinder. I have driven numerous versions of the '03 trucks and quite frankly the V-10 feels pretty weak compared to the 5.7 Hemi, even with the trucks loaded close to GVW. Maybe with a large trailer the V-10's torque advantage a low rpm would make it better, but around town the Hemi will run circles around it (especially when the V-10 is stopped at the gas station!).
post #6 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2002, 06:21 PM Thread Starter

I'm well aware of its bad gas mileage but i'm use to that with my 5.9 360 with a lead foot! It has about 80 more pounds of torque which puts it real close to the diesels numbers plus I heard from a buddy that works at the dodge dealer said the hemi really wasn't all to powerful in relation to the 5.9 and I wanted a big motor anyway! I did think of getting the hemi to but the v-10 was my first choice. [img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode