Need Brake Help - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-09-2002, 10:10 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Need Brake Help

I have an 88 Dodge Ram Charger which just got back on the road after sitting in the garage for a year. The truck is in good condition, never had any huge mechanical failures on it. The thing is, I just had a brake job done because the one thing that ever failed on the truck was the brakes. I went through three re-built master cylinders before I finally spent money and bought a new one. I handed it over to my mechanic and said fix it because I could not find the problem. There is air in the lines somewhere, don't know where. The entire system has been bled to death. Now when I got the truck back from him the brakes were amazing. I expected them to settle a little, but a week after they were low, almost to the floor. After a friend looked at them, he musta done something to blow the air outta the lines. For about 2 weeks they were great, real high, real tight. Now, I get in my truck last night, after them working great, and they were back to real low. Where can the air be coming in? What can be causing this sudden no pedal to my brakes..? [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode