What to offer for rust bucket W250 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 09:26 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

What to offer for rust bucket W250

I am over from the jeep board. While at work today making my first delivery I spotted a used car/truck place. What I first noticed was a bunch of red former Firetruck pickups. While looking again I noticed a M715 (turned out to be a M725) and had to stop and looked around. Later I came back and talked with the owner. I asked the prices of a few vehicles (M725 already was sold and a CUCV Ambulance $6500) and started talking about axles. I am looking for some beefier axles for my CJ7 (D44 or bigger). He asked me how much I would give him for these. Takes me around back and there is a somewhat rusted out 80 something(?) Dodge W250 pickup. The front axle I believe is a D44 and the rear I think is a D60. Front axle has manual hubs. It is complete except for the radiator which was used for another truck. The engine is a V8 and ran when parked. What axle, engine, trans (auto), and transfer case could there be in this thing. He wants to get rid of it and wants an offer on all of it. What should I offer him?

Also, is there any website that lists what axles, engines, t-cases, and trans came in various Dodge trucks amd how can I identify them. All the previosly mentioned firetrucks are Powerwagons. He wants anywhere from $1500 to $3500 for them and most have low miles. There is even a Crew cab with a utility box and regular cab with a utility box. A few are M880s that were put into firefighting duty. I am thinking about making an offer on one of these as well to use as my daily driver and tow rig for the CJ.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-03-2002, 09:16 PM

Re: What to offer for rust bucket W250

if it has locking hubs and they are factory, it an 80 to 85ish.....dodge.
i paid $1450 for a running with alittle rust, 1984 W250 a few months back..(and i think i got a faily good deal)
price really depends..(how much rust)......look through an autolocator for similiar trucks/prices, is something i do....

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-05-2002, 08:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: What to offer for rust bucket W250

I went back and talked with the owner and got a little more info and snooped around a bit more. It is an 86 and they are Superwinch hubs. When I say it is a rust bucket I mean rust bucket. The only thing worth while in it is the drivetrain (318, TF727 and NP205?) and possibly the interior. The motor supposedly ran before it was parked and the odometer says 110K. I was going to offer him $400 and see what he says.

How wide is the D44 and D60 in this thing by the way?

As for the firetrucks they are all M880s (or a variation). I took my Dad with me to look them over and he has basically given me the okay. Next time I am in the area I am going to drop in and give him an offer. Then I might be shopping for a little lift (couple of inches and to remove the blocks) and some new meats. Oh, ya does anyone know if the the power steering from the 86 could be swapped onto a 77.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode