Stupid question on 99 Ram 1500 P265 tires - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 11:03 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Stupid question on 99 Ram 1500 P265 tires

This is kinda a silly question, but Dodge didn't put the correct air pressure sticker on my 99 Ram Sport 1500 4X4. Single cab, shortbed, 360 V8, trailering package, ummmmm, and P265/75R16's are all that I can think of that matter. I know it came from the factory with the P265/75R16 tires it has on it now, but the door jam sticker just says the air pressure for P225/75R16 tires.

So does anyone know the air pressure I should be running from experience with their similar Rams?

I'll do the chalk test if I can't get an answer, just kinda being lazy and saving myself the time and effort. It's cold here now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 06:27 AM
raminaredickson

Re: Stupid question on 99 Ram 1500 P265 tires

allways go by whats printed on the side of the tire / the door sticker aint worth jack / thats for idiots with $2 WALMART tire pressure gauges
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 11:56 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Ummm, so since the tires on my dad's 2000 Chevy 2500 4x4 say 90psi on them, he should run 90 psi in them?

I guess I'm about 65psi then huh?

Glad to know I'm not an idiot, I have a $2 Kragen tire pressue guage and my grandpa's old dial guage. Dunno how much that one cost.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-30-2002, 09:11 PM

<font color="blue"> Even if the tire says 90 psi it doesn't mean thats what you run them! Thats a tire with a load range E for maximum weight like a camper trailer that slides into the bed. With maximum air it WILL RIDE LIKE CRAP! You will feel every bump. I would run them at around 40 psi for a 90 psi tire if I don't load up the truck. Adjust air pressure for heavy loads although I don't with my 38" swampers, I keep them around 20 psi all the time even with 2000 pounds of scrap steel in the bed with no problems! </font color>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-31-2002, 11:43 AM
raminaredickson

sorry thats not what I meant to say [img]images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]/ I should have clearifide myself better / you should go by whats on the tire and adjust from there depending on load and driving style / and yes the chalk trick is a very useful tool [img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-01-2002, 12:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

AJMBLAZER- Dodge recommends 35 psi front &amp; rear, whether unloaded or loaded on the 99-01 Ram 1500s with the 265/75-16s.

It's there on the Tire Pressure booklet tucked away behind the owner's manual.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode