'96 V-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

\'96 V-10

My sister just rolled her '94 Ford Explorer (go figure). She is looking at buying a Dodge 2500 4x4 with the V-10 and a 5spd tranny. I believe that it has stock tire sizes. I was curious to any problems anybody has had with this truck and what kind of gas mileage is she looking at? Thanks for any info you can pass on to me.

'98 Dodge 1500
3" Skyjacker
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2002, 10:11 PM
FordDiesel

Re: \'96 V-10

Tell her to get ready for around 10 mpg. My boss use to have one like that with the quad cab. He had it for 3 months then traded it in for a 3500 4x4 with a Cummins because of the fuel milage. Despite all the extra weight the Cummins still got 8 mpg more than the V-10. Not to mention a lot more pulling power.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-29-2002, 08:39 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: \'96 V-10

Hahaha, FD, I think your boss was being a bit dishonest with ya. Jeez, the ones I've been around managed 10mpg only if they got some regular long stretches in their driving. If you drove it around on daily driving stuff, with stop and go, oy, like 8mpg. The Cummins is a much better engine in my opinion, plenty of power and much more of a truck engine, not a hot rod engine in truck. Not to mention it gets excellent gas mileage for a 3 ton plus truck.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Only problem is some of us can't afford to insure it right now.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] COUGHMECOUGH.......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode