2003-2500 or 3500 v-10 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

2003-2500 or 3500 v-10

I went to a different dealer and they had a cummins quad cab in my choice of color, flame red! It was a single rear wheel 3500 quad cab 4x4 but it was a strip model, manual windows. I am thinking of possibly a 3500 if its not to much more since I at times do overload my 2500 in which twice I had 3500 pounds of scrap iron and motor blocks loaded up. I'll check a couple dealers to see whats the average price and go from there... I'll probaly have to order one so it will take about 6 weeks. [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 01:01 PM
FordDiesel

Re: 2003-2500 or 3500 v-10

After having this truck (one ton Ford diesel) I'll probably never go back to a smaller gas truck as a primary vehicle. With this truck I never have to worry about things like that. If it's something that this truck cant handle I dont want to be yanking it around anyway, it's a job for the big boys. The only regret I had is not getting a dually. It wont raise you towing/hauling copasity (it actually lowers it) but the extra stabalization would be awesome. When you load down a single rear wheel truck with a good load they tend to get a bit squirly. Espesialy in high winds.

I drove past a Dodge dealer today and fell in love. There was a red sport and a black sport sitting right next to each other. Both 4x4 "crew cab" [img]images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img] long bed duallies loaded with options (or so the windows said) but I was afraid to stop and look at the price [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-18-2002, 11:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Well SS...you might be getting smarter...finally [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] DIESEL is the only way to go. by the way mine is here now....and i love it. I went with a quad cab dually not gonna do any thing to extreme to it. just leave it alone make it my tow vehicle....which i might be selling Big_DD i had a guy offer me a ton of money for it the way it sits, so i might be building a rock crawler/sand rail instead of rebuilding Big_DD i have not decided yet, i told the guy i would let him know monday if he had a deal. to quote the guy "I would love to buy that truck from you I have some great ideas for it," I met the guy at a local car show...SO i dont know what i am going to do.......until more info....Big_DD...i might have to be changing my name [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2002, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Well seems like there is no v-10 quad cab single rear wheel 3500's available according to the dealer computer. I guess they are only using the diesels and hemi motors for that application. I got a price of $32,000 for a 2003 2500 v-10 quad cab slt sport. A little higher price than the 2002 I was looking at. Sorry big dd, the $5000 more price for the diesel is too much for me to justify escepially having almost 3 children, 3rd due in november! I'm hoping for a very snowy winters to help pay for the truck, i've made $10,000 over the past 5 years plowing with the 95 ram, thats 1/2 of what i've paid for the truck and that wasn't any real bad winters! I make only $42 an hour for the state of mass plowing but if I got a 6 wheeler it would be $68 :-)
but haven't tried looking for one. Wife would kill me if I bring home another toy, last one was an 89 jeep wrangler that I blew the rear axle out of from jumping it too high and now its just sitting there for the last month.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode