How to identify options/equipment on 94+ Ram? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 09:57 AM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

How to identify options/equipment on 94+ Ram?

Okay, on GM's there's a list of 3 digit codes in your glovebox that tell you what options your truck (actually any GM vehicle) has. From a painted bumper to a locking rear differential, AC to the Grenade Lock posi, your gear ratio to the transmission, it's all in there.

There anything like this in/on a 94+ Ram anywhere?

If so, what do I look at to find out if it has a posi, what gear ratio it has, and which engine it has?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:17 PM
FordDiesel

Re: How to identify options/equipment on 94+ Ram?

My 2000 had something like that in the glove box. It has the color code for the paint, the axle size and gears, ect. It doesnt tell you the engine though, you'd have to look under the hood on the radiator support for that info. I think one of the valve covers has a sticker that says the engine size too and the hp/rpm rating.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 07:56 PM

For every option and standard equipment just get the vin number and go to the dodge dealership and they can print out everything it came with and all dealer repairs done to it...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-15-2002, 10:31 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

FD, is it in English or is it in code like the GM stuff is? Like G80 means the posi option.

SuperSwamper, I'll be walking around an auto auction with a buyer trying to find the trucks I am interested in. I'll give him a list of a few and he'll try to get me one of the ones I want. No time to go to a dealer, have to be able to figure this stuff out from the truck sitting right there on the lot.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:41 PM

That could save you money but you need to pay for it up front plus an auction fee. I see a few 1500 4x4 here in eastern Mass for under $10,000.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-16-2002, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

Eh, the guy buys it, puts his fee on, and you buy it from him, since he is the one with the dealer license. I'm not even technically supposed to be there at the auction. Shhhhhhhh..................[img]images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] His fee can't be bad, because he got my buddy a fully loaded, great shape 99 Ranger 4x4 for 2k under blue book, and his sister a 98 Explorer also fully loaded for like 3k under blue book. So he knows how to make his money, a good service and good prices.

There's a black 98 Ram 1500 Sport extended cab shortbed with 285 AT's at a dealership I pass every day to go to work. Looks to be in good shape and they are asking $12,900 for it. Going to call tomorrow and see what the miles and stuff are before I bother going in and looking at it.

I looked at my coworker's options tag under the hood today, if it had a posi/limited slip, would it just say that on that tag?
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:57 AM
FordDiesel

The axle info wont be under the hood, it will be in the glove box. It will say "9.25" (the axle size on the 1/2 tons) and I think the gears and limited slip or open is in english. The rest of the sticker is.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 10:06 AM
dorC

What about some of the other options...like limited slip or overhead counsol etc.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 12:54 PM
FordDiesel

I dont have the Ram anymore so I cant remember for sure, but I rememeber reading the sticker in the glove box and knowing what things meant. I think some of it was abreviated and some of it was actualy spelled out in plain ol words.

As for the over head console, well you could just look up and see if you got one or not. [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Actually that was part of a package group (unless the previouse owner installed one), I think it was a 'travel convenience group' or something.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2002, 11:35 PM Thread Starter
Mud in my Veins

I WANT IT NOW!

Looked at a NICE 99 Ram 1500 Sport at the auction today. Thing is SUUUUWEEEEET. That dark green color with a grey cloth interior, 360, auto (try finding a 318 and stick in Michigan), 4x4 of course, fully loaded (CD, overhead dohickey, power everything, cruise, tilt, blah blah), single cab shortbed, even has a trailer hitch that doesn't stick down super far. Man, I like it. Only has 32,000 miles on it, and it's in great shape. It is a lease turn in. It drove like a dream and is in great shape. I'm really hopeful. Only things I wish were different are that it has no sliding rear window, 3.55's, and no limited slip in the rear axle. I'm finding the limited slip and anything but 3.55's were very rare anyways. The rear window, for as much as this guy should save me, I can go find one in a junkyard and put it in myself.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img] This thing is CLEAN. I mean the engine bay looks only slightly dirtier than the day it rolled off the production line in Mehico.[img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] Bed is used, but no deep scratches or dents.

I want it now!!!!!!!

Oh yeah, and the options sticker under the hood had all the major things, engine/powertrain/drivetrain/paint/etc, but there was no sticker in the glove box. Just the owners manual and the factory trailering wiring loom.[img]images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode