New truck on hold - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-04-2002, 06:14 AM Thread Starter

New truck on hold

The zero% interest expired at the end of last month and now there is no new incentives here in Mass for the 2003 and there is only 1 2002 left in new england that has a v-10 and its silver, I want red! I noticed the new diesel ho is over $5000 more than the hemi! Ouch... v-10 is only $600 :-) I could still go for a hemi since they have great hp, 345 w/365 torque with the v-10 having 305 hp and 440 torque... I will see at the end of the month for any incentives and try then...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:41 PM Thread Starter

Re: New truck on hold

Now I can't even find a used 2500 sport 4x4 red with the 5.9, all I find is the 1500's, there was 1 2500 but it was an st, manual windows etc with 50,000 miles +... Maybe still a new v-10 2003!
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 08:49 PM
Mud in my Veins

Wow, wish I could find a 2500 around here.[img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Not that I could insure it..................just finding a 1500 4x4 with a stick is hard enough for me..........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 09:02 PM Thread Starter

How much is it to insure a 2500 in michigan? A 1500? I have full insurance on my 95 2500 for around $800 I think. I can't see there being a big difference between them...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-12-2002, 09:42 PM
Mud in my Veins

Well, it's a combination of various things. Rams not being as common as they are elsewhere, this area is definately mostly biased towards Chevy and Ford. Obviously, CTD stuff and 1 ton axles aren't cheap either. Then pile that on the fact that I got in an accident and the insurance company had to pay out $3000 last February, my rate's aren't cheap. Oh yeah, and I'm 23 (24 next week)[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Progressive would give me $970 for 6 months of full coverage on a 97 Ram 2500 4x4 with the CTD. I hate Progressive, their coverage sucks. The local place's coverage varied from $1200-2200 for 6 motnhs. Just to much for me to afford to insure the vehicle AND make payments. Well, I could probably do that, but not afford to fill the tank and drive it. Pretty much do anything other than own it for that matter.

A Ram 1500 is doable. The local place I like with the high coverages I prefer (they also have no problem with offroad use or damage) is $850 for 6 months. I won't be able to go over 33's anyways and it is a daily driver, so a half ton should work fine for now.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

Well cheat, register it as a 2500 but tell the insurance co its a 1500. lol Good luck with finding cheaper insurance...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 09:07 PM
Mud in my Veins

I thought of that, but my insurance company only goes by your VIN number.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:36 PM
FordDiesel

Hey Superswamper, theres a red sport 2500 4x4, extended cab, short bed, cummins, SLT around the corner from one of my job sites for sale. The window says 50,000 miles and he wasnts $18000. I dont know the year but it's atleast a 98.5 cause it has the 24 valve Cummins and the black mirrors.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 10:39 PM
FordDiesel

Hey AJM, I didnt know it but your like 8 months older than me (turn 24 in June), I had ya made our for an older guy.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-13-2002, 11:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

Nope, hit 24 on Friday. Hopefully my present to myself will be a nice and shiney Dodge Ram.

The general beatings the Marines gave my body, my general staying up to late, and chopping wood for several hours today means I feel rather old currently.[img]images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode