Replacement Rockers - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-27-2002, 01:12 PM
mudracer

Replacement Rockers

My truck is starting to rust on the rockers. I want to find some top quality replacements, so I don't have to do this again. Had a guy trying to order some for me, but they back ordered them for months and then apparently forgot me. Who makes some good rockers for a '93 Dodge? Searching the web isn't getting results. [img]images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 11:34 AM
Official Historian

Re: Replacement Rockers

Have you checked JCWhitney? I bought some replacement floor pans from them a couple years ago and just got around to installing them a couple weeks ago. They fit good. Fortunately, my rockers were in excelent shape, but the floor rusted through before I bought the truck in 1990. It's been parked a while and I just got around to doing the floor.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:00 PM
mudracer

Will, JCW had crossed my mind, but I'm not sure what level of quality to expect from them. I want to do this properly, once, and want to stay away from low quality parts. Were your pans the same guage as original? It's good to hear they fit OK.

There's a can of Herculiner ready to coat the whole lower third of the body sides after I weld in new rockers. Hopefully, that will protect it from rust for a good while.

Anyone heard of Keystone body parts? Know where I can get 'em?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 01:57 PM
Official Historian

They were either the same gage or a little thicker. They were also galvanized. Here's a shot of the finished fitment before wire brushing the rust, priming and painting. I have some other pictures of the finished project and the beginning but they are too big to post and I don't have software on my computer at the moment to resize them. I can email them to you if you want.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 903585-Passengers floor.jpg (92.2 KB, 2 views)
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 02:07 PM
mudracer

Thanks Will, what kind of truck by the way? I'll check w/JCW.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 12:46 PM
Official Historian

'78 W100 (or 150, I don't know which). I'm the second owner and have had it since 85k miles/1990. I'm fixing it up to use to haul my CJ around. This winter I'm going to fix the sheetmetal and paint it. Then take the A/C out of the CJ (minus the compressor) and install it in the Dodge with another compressor. I'm thinking about swapping in a pair of 3/4 ton axles that my father-in-law offered to me. They have 4.10 gears so that would mean I'd need to get an overdrive trans.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-02-2002, 06:02 AM
raminaredickson

http://www.raybuck.com is a good place for parts
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode