2500 loaded V-10 quad cab on the way - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 08:03 PM Thread Starter

2500 loaded V-10 quad cab on the way

I should be getting my new 02 v-10 ram in the next couple days, its coming from Kingston, New York as a demo with a several thousand miles on it. It was of the the last ones available in the northeast in which there was only 4, 2 silver, 1 blue and this one, a red one! I got the 0% interest rate which saves me $1000's on a $30,000 truck! :-) I'm keeping my 95 2500 too. My wife is due in novemember with my 3rd child and hopefully the last one, so having a quad cab will be awesome since my 95 is a regular cab. Soon i'll start putting on some cool accesseries to spice it up a little and get a meyer snowplow frame to mount on it so I can use either truck to plow with and also to be able to slide in my custom winch plate into the plow setup. Definately need a good looking set of tires too :-)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-24-2002, 10:38 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: 2500 loaded V-10 quad cab on the way

Cool man.[img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Plowing?...............blech[img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img][img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

My Tracker is dying a slow, painful, and messy death. So the plans for a Ram in the spring are getting moved up a bit. Already got the word out to my friends in the south and talked to a guy here who hits all the Manufactorer's Lease End sales.

Anybody happens to know of a good shape and no rust 94-98 Ram 2500 4x4 with the 12 vavle Cummins diesel and 5 speed stick, I'm interested.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-25-2002, 08:43 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Three kids and he thinks he is keeping all his toys...bwahahahahaha! Just kidding[img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]. The V10 Quad is a cool setup. My mom's got one and just loves it! When she is ready to trade in, I'll be buying it from her. Congrats on the sweet ride! Make sure to post pic's when you get it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 01:14 AM
SHOTGUN

Why the V-10 instead of the Cummins Swamper? [img]images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

The Cummins would get better mileage, and have better power.

Yes......... I am biased! [img]images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-28-2002, 08:56 PM Thread Starter

The desiels are ok but I always wanted a v-10. I might be getting a different one now if the other dealer in ny that has my choice keeps wasting time by screwing around, they say that someone else is interested in it even though my guy says he will bring a check or an equal trade of there choice for the truck... The other one is in new jersey with the color patriot blue but its not a demo with almost 11,000 miles on it like my original choice... I would rather a flame red quad cab but none anywhere near here, there is one in ohio thats a demo though. The 0% apr ends this coming monday on the 2002's...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-30-2002, 09:19 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

SS-- I am so disapointed with you...have you learned nothing over the years....diesel is the only way to go...but i guess maybe gas i cheap in your end of the beautiful USA. but anyhow, congrats on the new 2500...I my self have one on order also....I have a 03 White 3500HD Quad Cab Cummins HO w/six speed on the way...should have it in about five weeks...big_dodge_diesel is getting parked and i am going to do a major rebuild....details to follow later...but its going to start with rockwells all around four link front and rear (coils all around obiviously) new turbo and lots more boost....the truck is going to become a "trailer queen" of sorts... but most definatly not a show truck. I wont be on the street to much with it [img]images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] any way now that that the wedding is over and things have settled down, i figured it was time for a new project. the project will be starting in about 2-3months. I will have lots of picts. by the way now that things have slowed down i swear i will be around here more often...i swear...any way--until later, Mopar to All---big_dd
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-01-2002, 09:47 PM Thread Starter

$$$$$4500+ extra for a diesel! That could buy lots of mods or kids clothes...not! A v-10 is only $700 extra over the 5.9! The diesels are cool and becoming very popular at the 4x4 jamborees with lot of them lifted. Congrats on the new wife, next children??? lol
Your definately doing the rockwells? I would love to do it too! Front axle rebuilt $1200, rear rebuilt $8-900, with pinion brakes add $350 or $1000 for disc brake hubs and $400 detroit locker. 6:72 ratio for extreme grunt! There was an article several months ago in the 4x4 mag that had a red dodge with those axles in it with leafs up front instead of coils.
I've e-mailed Daniel at usa6x6 about those axles and got lots of info from him. He has a thread at the short wheel base jeep for a jeep tj 6x6 with pics under construction. His user name is changed. Did you get better prices?

Well the new truck isn't on the way now since the dealer in new york sucks, and now the 0% ended so now i'll have to see whats the new incentives to buy a new dodge...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode