79 power wagon - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 01:01 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

79 power wagon

Hello. Rick here from the jeep forum. I had a 79 powerwagon given to me. it is a 3/4 ton. I it has a dana 60 rear and I don't know the front. If I try to look up info on the internet it asked 3500lb or 4500lb axles. Any Idea how to find that out. Ive decode the finder tag and it does not tell me. Help if you could thinls.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-03-2002, 07:47 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 79 power wagon

As far as i know the 4500lb axle only came under the crew cab dodge trucks. Unless some one swaped it in. you should have the dana 44 under your front end too.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 08:52 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thinks for the info. IS it possible for mine to have to have a dana 60 up front? It doesn't look like other 44's I've seen.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 12:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have been told that dana 60's have come under the 3/4 ton stock but the only one i have seen in person was swaped in. this could be the case on yours too. look on the front side of your diff. and on the passanger side on the tube there should be some numbers stamped there and it should tell ya if its a 44 or a 60.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 12:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I would have to say that this is the factory set up. I got it from the original owner. You know were the spindle bolts up on the ends. The 44 has like a two step on the bottom. Mine doesn't. If you don't understand what I mean the send me a email At [email protected] and I'll draw show you what I mean.
Rick
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-04-2002, 10:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

here is a website i found it does say that the 4500lb axle is optional it is a delar brocher for the 77 modle year but i am pretty sure it is the same for the 79 too http://members.tripod.com/robbpoe/auto/4wdbrochure6.htm
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-05-2002, 08:50 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thinls for the info. Mine also has the dealer instail snow plow.
Rick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode