nobody get nervous- but I had a Heart Attack - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 07:49 PM
raminaredickson

nobody get nervous- but I had a Heart Attack

yup yup middle aged over weight white man that drinks to much and wheels / at least thats what they told me / last weekend healthy as an OX - come monday after noon I,m on my way to the hospital to ICU telametry unit / boy thats a place you dont want to visit even to visit / WED morn I did the gerbil thing on the tread mill and passed with fly,in colors / before MON never took a pill in my life other than a hang over or the flu / now I take pills so I can take MORE pills / its amazing how quick your life can change right in front of your eyes / never been on a DIET in my life and I can see why people cant stay on them [THE FOOD SUCKS] / all them greasey chesse burgs and 8 million gallons of BUD musta done me in / I dont regret it - it was fun while it lasted [ 42 years ] now I,m a gerbil on a tread mill eat,in salad and drink,in BUD LITE [yuk] / I,ll calm down food and drink wise but now I,ll wheel even harder / gotta stay a live for something / thanks for listening to my ramble
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 862668-53-367606-dblogo30.jpg (4.7 KB, 3 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 09:01 PM

Re: nobody get nervous- but I had a Heart Attack

You old freaking gizzard, you better keep kicking or i'll steal your bush on boggers! Its in your will to me right? :-) Glad your ok you old fart.
Looks like this weekend is a no go for me, I think something is messing up in the front axle again but this time the pinion bearings are fine but theres lots of backlash I think. I can manually turn the front driveshaft a 1/2" back and forth when it should be only 1/8" max! I heard a pop sound today on the way home and the fluid is fine and clean, i'll drop the cover tomorrow to inspect it and call back the guy that did it last time, he is highly recommended by many people and he is a mile away. Those 2 1/2 ton rockwells are sounding better every time.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2002, 09:48 PM
Mud in my Veins

Ouch dude, that hurts. Docs told me to cut down on the calories when I got out of the Marines. Hmmmm...........been about a year and still eating those cheeseburgers. Suddenly thinking I owe myself a 3 mile run.[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

Glad to hear you made it through it though. My neighbor had one about 5-7 years ago. He's doing fine. Bought a new truck yesterday and a 67 El Camino a while back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2002, 09:10 PM

Well the front diff looks ok but the rear diff is missing one tooth and I can't find it weirdly enough, I guess its stuck up in forward section in the small cavity above the pinion. The fluid was mint in the rear but the front had a slight grey look to it. I ordered another 5:13 ring and pinion for my dana 60 from 4 wheel parts so the end of next week is when it should be here and hopefully they will honor there lifetime warranty again.
So you said you will be wheeling harder since you can't drink as much beer, thats going to be lots more fun when riding shotgun with you. I could imagine how old florida rd. could get with that comment, you might get up to 5 mph instead of the usual crawl over those rocks... I still want to do that trail if they haven't shut it down yet those jerks!

See ya uncle Deano!
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-18-2002, 09:18 PM
Mud in my Veins

have you tried a low-carb diet? i started it 3 weeks ago and i've already lost 12 lbs, and i get to eat all the cheesburgers i want to! i just have to take the buns off... no big deal, it's the cow stuff i want anyway [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] it really aint bad, just no bread or pasta and stuff with carbs and sugar, but you can only have a couple lite beers a day [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img] but if you just wanna get "dizzy" you can drink all the vodka-sodas you want [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] kinda sucks when you go fishin but diet dr pepper aint too bad once you get used to it. it also drops your blood pressure like a ROCK so if you have that problem youll solve it too. the best part is that you dont have to eat that salad crap or anything like that... in fact, you cant eat too many carrots cuz they have carbs! but you can drown your salad in full-fat ranch and it tastes good anyway [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] i still eat at mcdonalds, i just order 3 burgers and a tea, and eat them regular style but with no buns! kicks azz dont it? oh yeah and i dont exercise, but if i did it'd probably come off even faster...

just an idea, if your doc says it's ok, its a much better way to go. there are books about it everywhere that explain why it works and what you can eat. good luck, hope ya live long and wheel hard!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2002, 04:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The diet you are talking bout is called the Atkins diet. My brother in-law is on it and i think so far he has dropped like 150..He also had his stomach stapled..3 lil holes and now he cuts up grapes...But he is doing alot better than before He was a heart condition waiting to happen and he is only in his early 30's i would guess he has another hundred pounds to drop he wants it down to 220 by the end of the year..Yes he was HUGE..Did help that he is like 6ft3.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode