I ordered the new 7" skyjacker lift! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 10:12 PM Thread Starter

I ordered the new 7\" skyjacker lift!

I got most of the kit so far, just waiting on the last box that is on back order from the factory. It has huge heim joints for the control arms and big brackets to mount them up and a new tranny crossmember to lower the transfer case with a new huge skid plate. It comes with the all new extreme drop pitman arm, dual shocks set up for the front, extended brake lines, a new trac bar with a heim joint and big bracket, extended bump stops, sway bar spacer, new coils-no spacers, add a leafs and a block or new leafs with u-bolts, indexing ring for transfer case and the $1150+/- option for coil over shocks with brackets and I think they said a steering stabelizer too.
Hopefully soon for installation...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:14 AM
Mud in my Veins

Re: I ordered the new 7\" skyjacker lift!

Oooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Sounds good, so you did go for the Skyking coil overs?

Be interesting how this works out.

When I get my 2500[img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] it'll get 2.5" of lift and 35's for a while, but when I can afford to, on goes the 7" Skyking lift and some 38's.[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 05:00 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DAMN,super,thats what i am talking bout..What did it set you back to your door if you dont mind..Finally getting my azz home in Nov,and you can mark this date on your calendar..But NOV 14th,i will be picking up my new truck..a yr with out wheels sure does suck,not to mention,let a hundred diffrent ideas and plans go through your head..but at least i have saved up alot of greenbacks,so it should go togehter quickly..I hope..
Here is my current delimas..either go with a mild 5" and 35"ers and get a beater to be my trail only,or go with the 7" and 2" body and 39"ers again,and turn my daily driver into a weekend warrior,daily again.but not rolling it is an option either way i go..and either wya I go,try and get a trip with you and deano set up.....Congrats again,and I will be emailing you soon,a day or two,asking you more about it...Mopar to ya dude..Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 09:49 PM Thread Starter

Its big money, for all parts less getting new leaf springs its around $2300 and with leafs $2700 and of course getting the optional coil overs is around $1150 more but hell no am I paying for those too, that will be a lot more to pay for. My total is around $2200-2300 with free shipping thanks to national tires deal with special events 4x4 jamborees, order at the events with national or call up to a week only after the show for free shipping... :-) The boxes are heavy so it would be exspensive i'm sure.Soon i'll be installing it as soon as the other box arrives, that box has the add a leafs, bump stops, dual shock set up and tranny mount with a few other smaller things...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 10:34 PM
raminaredickson

yup more money than brains bone head / this is for the jeep right dick / VAL take his hammer away before he hurts someone / yer out of your mind???? yer already runnin 38,s and 40,s now / what happened to putting it back to stock and making a real work truck out of it and wheeling the pee out of the jeep / what ya gonna plow with the jeep / skyking coilovers dont plow so good that high in the air / yer nucking futs
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 01:02 AM
Mud in my Veins

that is a chunk of change but sh!t a chevy ifs lift is like $1600 and you dont get any of that heavy duty stuff like heims or transfer case drop ring/mount so its really a good deal. sounds SWEET! i figured you'd be on 50" tires and 2.5ton rockwell axles by now but this will work too [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] good luck to ya
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-11-2002, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

I always would still consider bigger axles and of course huge tires. I would love those goodyear agricultural tires under my ram! Yes Deano, i'm nuts! I'll still plow with it, I do with 38's with no problems. The new kit is awesome with those big heim joints and no I didn't by the coilovers, just plain coils.
I finially installed the new electric milemarker on a homemade custom winch plate (8"channel iron) for the jeep, I got stuck with it today in the middle of the woods on some uneven terrain, I need a locker and lot more flex for it, damn tire comes off the ground way to easy, I still need to remove the sway bar though...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode