1st Dodge, Lots of Questions...lol - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 01:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

1st Dodge, Lots of Questions...lol

This is my first post, I just got my 97 about a year ago, and I love my truck. Now, I have some questions
1. Will the 98 side mirrors fit on a 97 (they work I just like the look of the 98's)
2. Currently my ram has a dual rear split cat back (vortex) I will be replacing it (cracks in muffler and one pipe) I am leaning towards the Gibson cat back am I wrong here? Just looking for above average sound with performance.
3. Will the sport bumpers(97 frt & rear)fit a truck that was not ordered with the sport package? (again no problems with what I have I just really like the look)
4. Performance Air Cleaners/inTakes? I am leaning towards AirRaid?
5. Spark plugs and wires? I would like to do a tune up on the truck and use performance plugs and wires does anyone have a suggestion?
6. Breaks - I just had them done, new pads/rotors adj the back. Just brought it back because I started to get the same feeling in the peddle as before (squeaking/vibration)Any help here would be appreicated. As in what should be my next step? I am thinking about Statix brakes has does anyone have any experince with them? and finally...

With respect to question 4 I would like to install a poweraid & airaid on my truck, I emailed airaid and they said I would need at least a 2" body lift. Has anyone else tried to install any kind of a combo like this (throttle body spacer & new intake)(or other brands). If I do lift the body 2" is there anything that has to be changed? I have read a few posts from here, and it seems that skyjacker is the preferred Lift kit any idea on a price for it? thanks in advance for any help
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-09-2002, 09:49 PM

Re: 1st Dodge, Lots of Questions...lol

Welcome to the dodge board! As for spark plugs the factory plugs are champions. The bumpers should fit your 1500 easily since I believe its the exact same design, but ones painted instead of chrome. The mirrors probaly would be a pain to swap but that too should be possible. As for exhaust, its all up to you on how you want it to sound, the good thing is theres a lot of dodge trucks with duals and cat backs for you to hear to help you make up your mind. I personally had the flowmaster, it sounds awesome and deep, mellow tones but not too loud, the new exhaust I have is a lot different from stock, Inow have summit headers, 2 high flow cats (hollowed out) and 2 4" super trapps open mufflers without any baffle discs screwed on, its loud but not as loud as a harley motorcycle by any means. I personally have not heard a gibson system.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 12:04 AM
Mud in my Veins

I had a Gibson 3" single exhaust on my 92 Chevy Blazer with a 350. Wasn't impressed with it. Sound was better than stock, but there wasn't much of a Performance gain. I put a 3" 40 Series Delta Flow muffler on in place of it, even kept the Gibson kit's pipes. Much better sound and I swear there was an increase in the "seat of the pants" feel.

I also eventually put on a 3" in-out high flow cat, helped out even more.

Ignition stuff use MSD, Accell, or basically anyone but Jacob's crap.

Air intake, before you start paying hundreds of dollars for $30 worth of plastic and a K&N, see if you can't make something up yourself. On my afformentioned Blazer the intakes they sold for $200 or so was easily duplicated for $30-40 at Home Depot and $40-60 for the K&N.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-10-2002, 01:46 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks guys. I posted on another site a few days ago, and nobody answered, granted I know no body owes anything, but at least a little acknowledgement is nice..lol. If I decide to go ahead with airaid intake/spacer, I know I have to raise the body. Other then the kit what else do I have to change? thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode