nyone running an electic fan..94-01 ram.. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 12:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

nyone running an electic fan..94-01 ram..

Just curious if any one is running one..read you can gain 12-18 hrse..and am adding one to my list here,for when i get my new truck this Nov..But was curious as how hard it was to install...I read an add a yr or so back in$wheeler i think where they had the daughter of Flex a lite install one on a new chevy..and it was under an hour..so guessing maybe it cant be to bad..but hey I did almost burn down my truck putting in some off-road lights..ahahah,okay really just burnt a wire up,but it smoked pretty bad..thanks for the help brothers..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-21-2002, 07:03 PM
Mud in my Veins

Re: nyone running an electic fan..94-01 ram..

they are good as an addition but i wouldnt put one on in place of the factory engine fan because you wont get enough air through the radiator except when idling. if dodge thought they could add 15hp to the trucks with an electric fan safely, they would've done it, but they just dont move enough air for high load, low speed driving. you might not have any problems with it but if you tow or mud bog you'd probably miss that stock fan.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-22-2002, 09:37 PM

I had an electric fan in front of my radiator/ condenser for a short time, it didn't like mud as much as I do, it slowly died to a grinding stop! If you want more power you can switch the pullies to smaller ones but i'm sure its not much noticable hp increase. How about a supercharger :-)...
What motor are you getting with your 2500? v-10, hemi or diesel?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 11:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Shooting for the deisel,but will take a v-10..Am trying to find me a 98-00 2500..4x4 shortbox..I am not a long bed fan..Will more than likely end up with the gas..especially with the price diffrence between the two..but will we see..will probably bite the bullet and go with deisel..The ol lady wants to get a boat here within a yr or so..so??Thanks for the reply on the fans..figured it might be worth it..but seems like its not for the $380 investment..will put that money elsewhere..Mopar to ya..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 07-23-2002, 08:56 PM

I think the short bed isn't avaiable with the big trucks unless its a quad cab or extended cab. The reg cabs have the 8' bed...

My rig is getting up in the miles and dents 110,000 and a new truck would be great but lots of money. I just paid mine off 6 months ago. I have a '77 440 w/auto tranny out of a 33' camper trailer and I would love to drop that in, lots of horses most likely over 400 since its made to pull a huge load. Its just sitting on one of my old 35" boggers under a tree covered up. A guy at the dealer wants it bad and he said it should have 450 from the heads it probaly has with around the same for torque... :-) I haven't tried to start it or do I know the mileage but maybe some day if the old 360 goes it just might go in. Deano says its probaly a pain to do it...
post #6 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 01:53 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Sorry bout that,but was planning on it being quad cab..
I hear you on the pain in dropping in that 440...But hey,I would just rip everything out,sell it,and buy a painless wirin harness,and go from there..An issue or three ago,in Petersons..had the Florida mud truckks,and had a guy with a carbed 454 or 427 in his 96 ram..i know its chevy,but he had his done..had rockwells,44" Boggers..Wish i would ahve bought mine back from the ins dudes..I would have linked to go that route..rip it all down,sell the motor,tranny,axles,and start from that..but oh well live and learn,i guess....
post #7 of (permalink) Old 07-24-2002, 10:00 PM

I saw that rig on 44" boggers and on a car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode