Tranny Questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-30-2002, 10:08 PM Thread Starter

Tranny Questions

Ok, well I parked the Rig 2 mos ago, after the hi-po heads I bought for my 440 started mysteriously leaking anit-freeze.
Got them returned Fri., and installed Sat. (Sun) Tried to move truck and check it out for the 4th RiverFest.. didn't wanna move took some gassin' to get it going. So @ that point I checked my fluids and saw tranny fluid was a bit low, so I added the fluid and it still has slipping prob's. Guess I'll have to pull pan off and see if filter's clogged. Any suggestions b4 I do that?
The tranny is a 727 T/F rebuilt 12 mos. ago.(about 10,000 on rebuild)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 07:15 AM
aarcuda

Re: Tranny Questions

727s sometimes do that after sitting awhile. If my trucks been sitting awhile I will start it up and shift bewteen park to rev to neutral to drive and back a few times until I feel the tranny grab the gear. I guess the valve body needs a little exercise after sitting.

Once I feel it grab when going into rev or drive, its fine. If I dont do this, it will slip for a while.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 07-01-2002, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Hey thx Cuda'man.
I just let it Idle in "N" for about 10 mins, she filled the torque convertor up and I topped it off again. She's back to the "Norm" I am familiar with.
Hey Just for the Help you gave me, There IS a 65 Plymouth Belvedere (I think) a block from my house for sale.
White w/Maxwedge hood, Fibergalss Drivers seat and rollcage, and Crager ss wheels, want me to check into and post a pic? I think the trailer was part of the deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 07-02-2002, 09:20 AM
aarcuda

find out what they want for it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode