hey big D.D. - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-18-2002, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

hey big D.D.

Just wondering if your radial swampers ride like a lighttruck tire or do they have that morning thump. My tires have the notorious death wobble syndrome. Maybe my next tires will be the radials even though boggers are my choice, the wobble will be there with them so radials it will be...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 09:00 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: hey big D.D.

well i love my radials, no morning jitters or anything and on top of that the new ones even balance, and dont wear near as bad. i have about 10k on my new set and they still have well over 3/4 tread left. i got about 50k out of my old set and i am thinking i will get that if not better. besides now the radial is a 10ply tire so its stronger. the biggest downfall is the tire psi, instead of 35psi like the old 6ply radial its now 65psi and is a pain the the butt to air down (because it takes forever to reair) but the no wobbles alone was worth the extra time to air them up. also since the higher psi the tire will last longer and wear better/flatter which will help in the anti wobble. they still hum and i did not lose any performance in the mud/sand. so when these go it will be another set for me.--Kale
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-20-2002, 09:14 PM Thread Starter

The only bad thing then is the price, almost $300 each :-( I think 65 psi is alot of air if your not loaded up with weight but as long as there is no death wobble then I guess its good.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-21-2002, 08:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well with the weight of the cummins on the front end. when i had my springs made i had to have the truck weighed and the front end came in at like 3k lbs if i remember right so there is a lot of weight there. as for the back end, i do pull plus i put my shell/rack& tire back on so that picked up the weight. yes the price tage is high, but like bluthndr and 1hidodge said they are only getting like 20-25k out of a set and they are paying 270 a piece so i get twice the miles for 30bucks more a tire not bad in my book. but like you said the no death wobble makes it worth it alone. and shoot i can actually even have them balanced i think the worst of the four only has like 4 oz. of wieght. not bad for a 38 in my book--- Kale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode