Hi to all... - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:21 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hi to all...

Well lets just say i have been a bit busy... it is good to see that 1HIDodge is back out roaming around and as for SS good to hear you are still active in trying to break all the stupid lift laws back there. as for me i am now in montana for about half the year and so cal the other half. so that allowed me to regidter the truck in montana to get around stupid fix-it ticket laws in so cal. well have not done alot to the truck in awhile, been to busy with the plans for getting married and for the time being there is not alot of money to be alocated to the rig. but its time will come. I am still determined to go with rockwells, i am sick and tierd of the axel seal problem, in fact mine are leaking again.... so anyway guess i got to fix that. i think the transfer case is starting to go...a month or so ago i was out wheeling in Pismo and it jumped out of 4x and then after i came to a stop and got it back in the front would not spin?? so that ended the trip in the sand. and as soon as i get a free weekend i am going to tear it apart and see what the heck happened. btw SS where did you get the 5" spacers. i think i need alittle more height. did you have any drive line angle problems with the front? i know with the 6" cepek and the 2" spacers i have its kind of steep but not bad. where is deano at didnt see to many posts from him, is he still on the board under a different name again? anyway enough of my ramblin things are slowing down so i should be around the borad more often. MOPAR TO ALL AND TO ALL A GOOD DODGE NIGHT!--Big_DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Hi to all...

Big Double D..good to hear from ya brother..to bad about the dodger..at least you still got it,and its drivable.;p
Well I am in a kinda of delemia here...1st off,I am changing my rate in the Navy..I am going to go to Special Warfare Combat Crewman school..inserting and extracting Seals and recon marines in 30 foot gun boats,giving em ground support fire,surpression fire,jumping outta airplanes with em,and our boats.etc..I know you have seen the navy commercial with the what looks like an off shore racing boat with a roof.and when that lil IRB loaded with seals pulls up onto the back of that boat thats us,plus we got lil 30 foot gun boats that we use for the I and R..its gonna be sweet..2nd hardest school in the Nav,besides seal..so here is what brings me to my 2nd..seems how i still dont have rig..and buying this beater for a trail only fell thru..I am kicking around getting a 99-00 vette..hers why..Once I get to my Swcc unit I will be gone 6-9 months a year..deployed and or training with the seals,etc...plus the girl friend is a state and a half away..i remember road triping in the dodge and it wasnt all that..plus on my long deployments..will have to drive it to ID and leave it with the ol man,.my other idea though,and a lil cheaper would be to buy me a 95ish ranger and turn it into a mean azz prerunner..equal lenght beams,bed cage.20" of travel up front,3o"in the rear..but I figure that would be sitting alot too.and I could only do the ranger if i got stationed in Cal also..only three places for us to go..CA,MI,VA..but I just dont know..my options are unlimited..aint been doing nothing but saving money since i rolled the truck.oh wait I did buy this bad boy,for shooting coyotes this winter...plus I get a mean ol re-enlistment bonus..so....aaaaggggghhhh..dont know what to do..any thoughts..Eric
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 10:35 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

that attach didnt work.the scope is a junker ,one we had laying in the safe..til i can get me a decent leuplod.check out this one..off to the left,under my name..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 02:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

maybe now..
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-11-2002, 09:31 PM

Hi Kale, glad to hear from you again! You have a seal problem too... Deano told me to try modifing an outside seal, the ones the jeeps have on the axle shafts just to block the open axle tubes. I will be calling a local dana distributer to see if theres one for our axles or if we could somehow make it work... A set of rockwells is expensive and theres still the install!
I ordered new shafts since the old ones had wear grooves which caused the seal leaks. I want to go into water without my front axle drinking it. I will win...I hope!
The coil spacers are 5" tuff country's for around $130. My coils are sagged bad now from adding the spacers so I don't know if its a good idea. My 44's don't clear and the 42's barely make it so I left the 38's on.

Deano got banned from the board, all 4 user names from writing bad words and complaining to the moderater about pic sizes he guess's. He is at other dodge boards. I went to his house last weekend to ride shotgun in the bush on boggers, with lots of fun and only one winch pull to get up the mountain thru mud.

On your rockram, did you weld your brace to the diff cover and if you did do you need to take off the cover because of the fluid inside? I was thinking of installing mine soon and was wondering where you mounted yours. Is it a close fit or what?
I haven't broken anything but did replace all tierods and ball joints.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 01:02 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey gang. Been a while for me too. I haven't done too much with mine lately. My boggers are gettin' worn, but I can't complain - I got about 20K out of 'em. Had it in the mud once and the dunes at Silver Lake once this year, but I'm buying a house so it's temporarily kinda on the back burner. I want to get 44's when I replace the tires, but I need to fab a front 4-link like the Sibling Rivalry guys.

I priced custom springs and they are looking around $1K a pair (front or back) for 10+" coils or leafs from Nat'l spring. Kinda steep, but I know they'll be right. As far as driveline angle Big DD, I saw SkyJacker is supposed to start making an indexing ring to rotate the t-case down - I need that or something else - I'm at my limit at 7" on the susp, even with my new front driveshaft.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 11:59 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

well its good to hear from you all. and good to know you are still around especially bluthndr, havent seen that one in a LONG TIME. well i was reading and noticed that deano got the boot and that is just plain BS i am going to do some writing and get the fliping moderator the boot. he is obiviously an flaming idiot. and if it gets me booted so be it to give deano the shaft was the dumbest thing that could be done. that man has a wealth of knowledge and its a shame to hear that happened. as for Eric(1HIrolledDODGE) its good to hear you are still around and good luck in the school. go kick some anti-american [censored]. its a shame to hear about your truck, but i dont know about a vette. yea they are sweet cars, but common ITS A CHEVY!!, as for the de-ranger if you go full prerun and remove the body and all other evidence that its a ford, i guess that wouldnt be that bad, then maybe you could make it to pismo for the first time in like 3 years, since you have been talking about meetin me up there. any way it was good to hear from you all and after what happened to deano i am going to check out some of the sites he listed. but i will still frequent here. MOPAR TO YA!!!--Big_dd
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 08:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Damn it has been a grip for Blunth..get some pics up when the 44 boggers go under that pig..
Yeah i here ya on the chevy bit..plus i dont know what i would take hunting,and camping,etc..then i start adding up what it would run me to get a ramger where i would want it..and in the long run it would be cheaper to get another dodge,slap that 7" skyjacker on for 2200 greenbacks,some 39'boggers or 42"TSL..but heard they dont balance for shizzz..so probably the boggers..especially after B got 20 thou outta em..i got 23k outta mine then rolled it..then figure gears and will be good to go for awhile...but would def go with a 2500 this time...tired of eating up axles....But definetly trying to get stationed at Coronado afetr school..so yeah we would definetly have to meet up in the big sand box....Eric
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-12-2002, 09:47 PM

Hey Allen, <a target="_blank" href=http://siblingrivalry.com>siblingrivalry.com</a> has coil spacers out of billet aluminum for either the top or bottom for a few hundred each set, there a it pricey but less than new coils. Or just swap to leaf springs. Deano said that the old ford dana 60's have the pumpkin on the driverside too and it would have manual hubs, so lockers are available and a plus the axle shafts are stronger than our 1.31" diameter shafts at the usual 1.50" and they have the leaf spring pad set up so you won't need to do a 4 link. Just get the new leafs with the proper shim for the driveline angle and some new leaf shackles/mounts and your dialed in.
Well anyways it sounds good but still a lot of work...

How exspensive is houses up there? Over in eastern Mass there very exspensive, rarely it seems you could find much under $200,000... Deano bought one for real cheap in the mountains on the west side of the state, thats where i'll go when its time, renting for now.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-15-2002, 07:34 AM

<font face="Comic Sans MS"><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr>

Deano got banned from the board, all 4 user names from writing bad words and complaining to the moderater about pic sizes he guess's. He is at other dodge boards. I went to his house last weekend to ride shotgun in the bush on boggers, with lots of fun and only one winch pull to get up the mountain thru mud.

<hr></blockquote>

Do me a favor and tell me what the 4 names were... I think he mentioned being something like 'dodgeboys' or something, and I looked through the list of banned usernames and no such thing exists in the banned list. If it was banned at one point, it's not now... Not sure what's going on with regard to that, just throught I'd jump in and make that clear... </font>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode