lift kits? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 07:37 PM Thread Starter

lift kits?

Hey whats up, ford guy here with a quick question:
a buddy of mine has a 2001 mid size dodge pick up, but there dont seem to be any susp lift kits available for it anywhere! I understand rancho is developing one now, but does anyone know of a company that already offers one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 06-02-2002, 09:32 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: lift kits?

By "midsize" do you mean Dakota? There aren't many lifts out there, but <a target="_blank" href=http://www.tuffcountry.com>http://www.tuffcountry.com</a> has a 5.5" lift for the Dakota for around $1400 with shocks. It is listed for a '97-'99, but I don't think the '01 is any different. Drop them a note and ask. Make sure to post pic's when it's installed. We don't see many lifted Dakotas.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 07:05 PM Thread Starter

well, he doesnt want to go 'crazy' just yet (give it time [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] ), so he decided to order the 3" body lift from summit. the last sunday of june we're gonna put it in. he was looking into the 33*12.5 x-terrains (pro comp) for it, so hopefully we'll have them by then. It should look really sweet when its done! im gonna try to bring a digital camera to get shots of it, so you can bet ill post some here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 08:18 PM

The whiplash co.is one other, they have a 10" 97-02 durango/ dakota lifts for $2399 rocky mountain suspensions. 1-800-521-4908. I know you said he doesn't want to go crazy but theres the option if he does want to go over board...
Tuff country # is 1-800-505-5626 and there price on the 97-99 is $1247 w/o shocks or $1389 w/ shocks.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 06-03-2002, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

the whiplash one is cool, but with that kit itd be over the legal limit for our area....nj sucks like that

although, thanks for the tuff country #, i might have to give them a call tomorrow
post #6 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 09:20 PM

Its bad here too in Mass, every year we need to get a new inspection sticker and altered height is one we need to clear and they have a book with the max height we could be. My rams max is 27" to the bottom of the door. I am over it a little too...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 06-04-2002, 09:23 PM
Keyboard Implanted

we had it here also,I always kept some 50 series tires around.Looks funny,but it got the height down,RR
post #8 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 01:02 AM
Mud in my Veins

thank god for arkansas! none of that height BS here. annual safety inspections were done away with in 97 too! the new 4x4 dodge duallies sit up as high as my truck, so why cant people modify their trucks to sit up that high too? tractor trailers are 100 times more dangerous than any jacked up 4x4 ever made, and outnumber 4x4s by a bazillion, so what's the big deal anyway? they gonna outlaw tractor trailers too and make them use 50 cargo vans instead? [img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img] long live Dixieland, wooohooo!
post #9 of (permalink) Old 06-05-2002, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

yeah, i wish!
we're down to inspection every 2 years, but we got stability tests' to take if we add more than 4" to the height of the truck! and theyre usually real *******s when they do em, too. you dont wanna hear what this guy near me had to do to get his dodge to pass, its a horror story

as for height, i know i get 9", which might seem like alot, but that means that 6" susp and 35's max me out!
even with full size trucks, its alost impossible to legally get 38" tires on over here!
post #10 of (permalink) Old 06-07-2002, 11:25 PM
Apprentice

I like that 100 times more dangerous. Mabey the next time you buy some groceries or beer or go down to the gas station to fill up your bronco mabey you should think about the driver who delivered it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode