Help..............2500 Ram V-10 w skyjacker 4" - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 12:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Help..............2500 Ram V-10 w skyjacker 4\"

I just had a 4 1/2 skyjacker lift put on my Ram, and every time I make a turn in 4 wheel drive, the front drive shaft/transmission connection joint rubs and makes a terrible clunking sound. When I stop and pull the truck out of 4 wheel drive, I can manually with my hand turn the front drive shaft. When I engage the 4 wheel drive, I guess the engine torques the drive shaft a little bit and causes the two joints to rub and make clunking noises.
Has anyone else had this problem?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 10:42 PM

Re: Help..............2500 Ram V-10 w skyjacker 4\"

It sounds like your cardavan joint is worn out. Its the weird double ujoint thng at the transfer case end, if you go under the truck grab the top half of the driveshaft and see if you can move it up and down. Theres a ball and socket type of connection between the 2 joints that can get damaged from continious 4-wheeling in the mud, depending on how much its worn will see if you'll need to replace the extra pieces. Mine was repaired for $200, 3 new joints, new insides pieces between the double joints and straightened it had a slight bend...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode