ATTN DODGE PEOPLE - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:44 PM
raminaredickson

ATTN DODGE PEOPLE

this will be my last post on this board because of the way they treat DODGE people as second rate citizens / just look at the main index to see what I mean / jeep has five boards-toyota 3-GM has 4- ford has 4-suzuki has 1 and mercedes has 2 and DODGE is listed as OTHER / I for one am go,in to an all DODGE board / I dont like being listed as OTHER / what is that / its the BIG THREE auto makers but not on this board / PLEASE go to http://www.dodgetrucks.org/ or http://www.dodgetalk.com/ these are DODGE only boards that treat DODGE people right not second rate / this was a good board but not anymore / banning the DODGEBOYS was a mistake on there part/ good luck and good bye / MOPAR TO YA /////////////// DEANO
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 12:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: ATTN DODGE PEOPLE

uh, you are 'the dodgeboyz' aren't ya, trying to get your other identity banned now.

I don't think they had any reason to ban you, but you are 'still' on the board.

anyway, this has never 'really' been that good of a board for tech info. I just get bored sometimes.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 01:02 PM
aarcuda

i like <a target="_blank" href=http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=11&amp;1109>http://www.pavementsucks.com/forums/viewforum.php?forum=11&amp;1109</a> also..

oh poo, am i gonna get banned for that??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 02:04 PM
Mud in my Veins

i agree you can go to other boards where there's more dodge folks but if you want to stay here, email patrick chicas and tell him your complaints, he'd probably fix you up with whatever you need. The chevy guys wanted a SFA board and a week later they got it. I dont think there would be enough traffic on a ram charger board to make it worth having, but i do agree that you shouldn't be listed as "Other" at the bottom of the page.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 04:58 PM
Keyboard Implanted

I gotta agree, Subarat, Nicrap and all those other foriegn contraptions might be other but a Dodge is not. I have jeeps and never understood why they put you guys as other being as my Grand has the same engine that most of the Dakota's come with, also share tranny's if I'm not mistaken. I'd definatly e-mail chicas. Also am curious to know what you meant by Dodge boys were banned? Somebody do something wrong or what. Fill me in. Fellow wheeler in support of Dodge.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-14-2002, 06:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

DODGEBOYS was RaminAreDickson's user name before he was banned (for apparently no reason), I tried sending the moderator a PM stating that he should either remove the 'offensive' post (see "damn front gears shot again") or post 'why' Dodgeboys was banned on this forum, but I guess the message did not go thru, because we have yet to hear from him. Either way, coming on here under another username solely for the purpose of announcing your exit is 'baby sh!+' in my opinion. Get over it. If you want dodge info, go to a Dodge site, if you wan't general 4x4 info go to pirate, if you have read everything on those sites and you still have some time to kill, check out ORC Other/Dodge board.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-18-2002, 04:03 AM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>First off, I don't see why exactly Dodgeboys got banned, I've seen a lot worse posts in the Chevy forum and nobody got banned for it, and every time that someone has gotten banned there has been a warning beforehand to give the user a chance to change his style before the ban actually went through. I think the ban was premature and would like to know the reason for it, since I really don't see a reason in the "front gears" post to ban a user that has been around long enugh to gain "old hand" status.

As for the Dodge board being listed as "other", I just don't see the big deal. If you guys really want to get your own section make a post in the "BBS changes" board up on the top of the main BBS page. That's how we got the Chevy SFA board started. We have 4 boards in our section, but 1 of those is Hummers, so that hardly counts. Our newest board is the SFA board, that was created due to a post I started that had a poll in it. A couple of other users helped spread the word that we were trying to get the new board started and we just hounded the admins until we got it. It's not like one more listing takes up any bandwidth. Everybody from the Chevy board posted on the thread and within about 2 weeks we had our new forum. Before that we really only had 2 true chevy boards, full size and S-10s. Even that is more than you guys have now, but goes to show you that you can't expect to get something you don't ask for.

Rather than just bitching about your issues why don't you guys take the initiative to do something about it? I saw one post in the Changes forum complaining about the Dodge board being listed in the "Other" section, but I don't think anyone even responded to it. Get organized and maybe you'll get somewhere. It might be more difficult for you folks to get another board though, since this board only has 8000 or so posts on it total, even the Nissan board has 18000. Make your case as to why there should be more boards, suggest what boards you want as far as Dakotas, '93 (or whenever the new body style started) and later, whatever you want, just be diligent about it and get all the users to put in their 2 cents.

I don't think that everyone leaving will help the Dodge community much, people looking for new trucks or whatever are going to come to ORC and see that the Dodge board has no traffic and either assume that nobody wants to modify them for some reason or that Dodge people are not as big of a community as the Chevy or Phord guys. Either way, probably not great for promoting Dodges as good off road vehicles, and I think that Dodges will only get more popular in the future as the newer trucks come down in price, especially being that they are the newest solid axle trucks around now in short off roadable versions. That is until they changed them to IFS[img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]. Either way, I only see them growing in popularity, so this board will become more important in the future as more people buy them with the intention of modifying them. Either way, the BBS equivilent of "taking your toys and going home" doesn't seem to be the best way to go. Although, as a lurker in the Dodge board, I will not miss the horrifically unreadable posting style of Dodgeboys and his alter egos...[img]images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

Sorry for the novel, I just see alot of bitching and nobody trying to do anything about it. I like the Dodge trucks alot and would own a 3/4 ton diesel if I could afford it.
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-19-2002, 11:14 PM

I was the one who posted the question about the Dodges being in the "Other" section.
I figured it would get some people from the Dodge section here to stand up, and get Dodges moved to another section.
I figured it would be acceptable to all involved [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
I guess I fingered wrong...
At any rate, U hit the nail on the head.
A viable solution has been presented.. Let's not let it go to waste. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
So who wants to get it started?
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-21-2002, 07:22 PM

<font face="Times New Roman">
<font color=green>Apparantly nobody. It's sad that this board was abandonded without a fight. I checked out those other boards that were linked to, they're great if you want to know what size tire to run on your 20s.[img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-22-2002, 07:59 AM
aarcuda

I wrote the following to the website administrator as well as the section moderator:

"I read a post which said you banned Dodgeboys from the site. Why? because he used some bad words. The words werent even spelled out!.

Anyways, I thought the rules here were:

Registration as a User implies acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence, that is protected by copyright, trademark or other proprietary right - without the express permission of the owner of such copyright - or that contains personal phone numbers or addresses.
- Participants may not use the Forums to post or transmit advertisements or commercial solicitations of any kind.
- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message.
- This web site does not verify or guarantee the accuracy of the material posted to the Forums or bear any responsibility for any loss, damage, or other liabilities caused by any posted message.

I would assume he got banned because of the section stating "- Participants shall not post any material likely to cause offence" (sp)

So who did he offend? Did someone complain?? If so, why didn't you (the moderator, edit or modify the post as allowed under the rule "- The appropriate Forum Moderator has the right to edit, censor, delete or otherwise modify any posted message."

Dodgeboys has a wealth of knowledge and for you to ban him for using potty mouth words is ridiculous. We are all adults here and I wouldn't think someone could be offended by his posts. Heck, my mom talks like that. And you, being from Vegas- How could you have been offended by that with all the loud trash talking people living and gambling out there?? Ive been to vegas- theres plenty of decadence there so whats up?

Why did you ban him?"

Lets see what (if any) the response is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode