Newer Ram Dana 60 ???? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Newer Ram Dana 60 ????

Hey,just a question..When i go home in July,and pick up my new ram..I am gonna be getting a 99-00 2500..And have read that alot of the 2500 dont come with the dana 60..that they come with a HD dana44..any thruth to that??if true..what will i be looking for to make sure its a 60..Guess my 1st thing will be 8 lugs huh...Thanks fellas....Eric
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:50 PM

Re: Newer Ram Dana 60 ????

As far as I know they pretty much all come with the 60 front and it has "60" cast into the webbing. I believe the 44's have a rubber plug in the diff cover and the 60's have the screw in type that comes out with a 3/8 rachet. You can see the difference between the ujoints, the 44 is much smaller in the hub compared to the 60. My 95 2500 truck is listed as a light duty with 60's front and rear and a 241HD transfer case, I think its more hd than light duty...
post #3 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 09:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey SuperSwamper,long time no yapping..Sorry to be hearing bout all your axle trouble..Damn that seems like a great deal for the rock wells..How much would it run to have em fabbed up to your truck??
You know what I was thinking..the easiest way to find out is to have the dealer run the Vin# and print out the build sheet and it will tell you everything that the truck has on it..Did that when i snapped the front axle shafts,trying to figure out my axle number that was cast into my axle tube..for some reason,which i cant remember now,it mattered,doe to getting the correct axle shafts.....Thanks for the reply though..Good luck on the rig..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:07 PM

Its like $12-20,000 fully installed from chucks trucks in Orlando,Fl but I can buy a set for $3500 from Daniel at usa6x6 in the mid west. The build code # for your axle is in the front middle with a # like 610518-2 which is my personal one for my dana 60. I did also get a print out from the dealer to tell me all options of my truck...
post #5 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Damn...Lets say ,you bought the 2.5 from 6x6,and had em set up on your ram..Where does the other $8 grand come in..or the other $17.5g's?????I know there would be alot of fabbing,but sure these guys got it down pretty patt,and all the parts needed....Is it really that spendy to have em slapped under there??Cause I am sure you go leaf springs,or coil overs,and that i can see getting spendy..but????I am kinda of curious how they break it down you know..$3500 for the axles how much for the labor,parts,etc,etc..I know it is anything beyond my skills..But kinda curious wher the rest of the loot goes too...It would be sweet to have em..In a 4 wheeler a mag or 2 back..they have a dodge with em and a 504 or some monster arse chevy motor in it..Freaking sweet...
By the way..I am stationed in FL now..but work at an out laying airfield in AL..
post #6 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:30 PM

I'm guessing the steering is hydrolic the new brakes the 4 links the new driveshafts the options for lockers with manual hubs the fabbing of bracketry for everything. Its exspensive but I think its too much too...
post #7 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YEah you got me thinking bout all the extra parts once I already sent that last one out..If I recall.ol boy in the mag i was refering to is the same guy in Olando your refering to..If I recall about the only thing under there that he kept was the factory transfer case..i am gonna go dig it out and check into it...So yeah when you add up all the parts probably closer to $12 grand..i dont know about 20 large though..also replied to your post about the front gears..
post #8 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 10:44 PM

I emailed them and they said that amount. $20,000 top was fully decked out.
post #9 of (permalink) Old 05-07-2002, 11:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

all of the newer 2500's have the CAD dana 60 front, autos & some manuals have a 70 rear, and 6 spd, and some 5 spd have 80 rear.
post #10 of (permalink) Old 05-08-2002, 07:17 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

CAD??????there is a new one..what the heck is that..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode