carnage report, its a weird one! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-22-2002, 11:13 PM Thread Starter

carnage report, its a weird one!

All of you should know by now that I run over anything I come across including automobiles, it has caught up with me but no its not a roll over luckily, its much more simply. I went off to work this morning and traveled about an hour and at arriving at the job site I shut off my truck at the edge of the road, my boss about 15 minutes later told me to pull in the driveway so ok "I tried", My truck would not turn! It starts and drives fine but turning the steering wheel won't turn the 38" tires left or right!!! Strange but what was weird was the steering shaft still spun but the gear box wouldn't respond. I did manage previously to bend the output sector shaft of the gear box from all the pressure exerted on the pitman arm from my running over and articulating on everything I come across. I have a new gear box at home with the hydrolic ram from agr so its time to install it or at least the box. I guess something broke inside the steering gear box and luckily it didn't happen on the road while driving...
The old box is an agr piece too. I had a friend come down with his bosses dump truck and trailer later on and I drove it up onto it and off to the house we went. Hopefully fix it tuesday... Mopar to ya!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-23-2002, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Re: carnage report, its a weird one!

All done, I replaced the gear box with the extra one I had. It has the ports for the rock ram hydrolic cyclinder so maybe soon it will be installed too, luckily it has end caps on it so it so I can still drive it without the lines hooked up.
Hey big dodge diesel, have you found the pics of your installed rock ram? I looked to see if it has any room and i'm not sure without doing all the tire turning and articulating to see if it clears the tierod and trac bar without hitting.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode