taillights - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-09-2002, 10:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

taillights

Hello,
Has anyone tried the LED taillight bulbs that the import crowd is using on their rig yet? They can save amps, but are they bright enough?
Any thoughts?
Joe
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 11:27 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: taillights

In many cases, they're brighter than stock.....Personally I find them EXTREMELY ANNOYING, especially at night, when they upset your night vision. If your tailligts are creating such a big amperage draw that they are causing you issues....you have an electrical problem...just remember...the DOT says that all tillights must refdlect as red when shined on by white light!!

-remy
post #3 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 11:29 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

there supposed to be plenty bright enough, and should last a long time, even when bein beat in the woods, not like a reg. bulb that brakes under pressure,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 04-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Mud in my Veins

Most of those LED units for vehicles are waterpoof too, which is definitely nice, plus they never burn out so basically maintenance free for life. I like them because they are instantly on and instantly off, no 'fade' as they go on and off. This is nice because on the street if you are checking out some babe in running shorts and somebody in front of you hits their LED's, you'll know it because it happens so fast as opposed to regular lights that kinda fade into the background when you're not looking directly at them. It's not as big a deal at night because regular lights are pretty noticeable against a dark background anyway. Lots of newer Caddy's and other luxury cars have them and I like driving behind them because it's so obvious when they're braking. Even the FedEx trucks have them now. I wouldnt mind getting a set for the back of the bronco too so just i dont have to worry about law dog pulling me over for a burnt out bulb.
post #5 of (permalink) Old 04-15-2002, 11:14 PM

You finially changed that boring picture of your bronco to an action shot! Now just put on some real big tires and hope your axles can handle it and get even better pics....

SHOULD OF GOT A DODGE!
post #6 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 07:53 PM
Mud in my Veins

Ha, no kidding, i'm even going to have some VIDEOS online pretty soon! I'm planning to put a ford 10.25" full floater rear, dana 44 hd front (with leafs), 5.38 gears, and 40" hawgs or TSL's this summer. I think the stock axles would work fine but i dont want to spend all that money on gears and then find out that they arent strong enough afterall. I'm not going to do it unless I figure out a disc brake rear, those tires are too big to try to stop with muddy drums in the back. I got more pics at http://www.arkansasmud.com/memphis/ if you like to see bronco action pics. I might go bigger than 40's if i can find some cheap used ones from somebody around here, but I'm trying to fit them with a max of 2" body lift and cutout fenders on top of the 6" susp lift so I dont want to go huge.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 04-17-2002, 10:55 PM

I've seen you have a little air time, I have video footage of mine getting some air time many times just not too high, it loves to hit hard. I need to get those hydrolic bump stops or for that matter just find them...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode