Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Dodge 4x4 vehicles (https://forums.off-road.com/dodge-4x4-vehicles/)
-   -   Questions on Rockwell 2 1/2 ton'rs (https://forums.off-road.com/dodge-4x4-vehicles/113406-questions-rockwell-2-1-2-tonrs.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 03-28-2002 05:11 PM

Questions on Rockwell 2 1/2 ton\'rs

Ok after about 120,000+ miles on the good ol dodge, with all the upgrades i have done, i never did anything to the axles...except gears. Well basicaly i am wondering what is involved, i.e. does the steering need to be changed? i am currently running a AGR Rock Ram System, (hydraulic assist). Can I still run a standard 8 lug wheel? or do you have to go to Military setup? now on to suspension. Can you keep the current 4 link system from dodge, or do you have to go to leafs? I have only seen leafs in 2 1/2 ton setups.? Are these a basic bolt in where all attachments(shock mounts and stuff) are already on the axle housings? what else needs to be done to the drive line? i have stock tranny and transfer case... i would assume you need to change transfer case. but what about the tranny? well i think that is it for my list of questions for now... this post is probally directed at Daniel since he is the owner of USA6x6 and probally has the info already due to his project. Any info is helpful. thanks in advance and Mopar to All!! Kale---aka:Big_Dodge_Diesel

superswamper 03-28-2002 10:56 PM

Re: Questions on Rockwell 2 1/2 ton\'rs

Yes, the steering should need to be modified, the bolt pattern is I believe a 5 lug monster but you can have custom rims made for a 15" tire minimum for around $125 +/-.
The axle can use either set up, leaf or coil but I would think the leaf would be cheaper since you shouldn't need the 4 link anymore. The transfer case they like to use is the np/nv? 200 but I can't see why the 241 HD can't be used... I/we would hope for a bolt in but from the article I read in the 4x4 mag, they are not that easy, theres a little work involved but I will leave it too the experienced to tell you the definates just in case what I read and have interpeted isn't right...Bobby

**DONOTDELETE** 03-29-2002 12:35 AM

Ok heres the deal If this is not a rockcrawler i would use leafs up front and leafs in the back this is the easiest and yes your steering works fine... You will probaly need about 4 more inches of lift to clear the pumpkin out of the motor for sure. I would move the axle 5 or so inches foreward too for clearance and stuff... Use the same transfer... works fine... Deisel VERY COOL! Drive lines stay stock... Email me on my site and i can email you tons of pics...

SHOTGUN 03-31-2002 04:40 PM

B_D_D check your PM's

superswamper 04-01-2002 10:47 PM

Hey Daniel, Do you go to the 4x4 jamborees presented by <a target="_blank" href=http://specialevents.com>familyevents.com</a>? I would love to see your creation! I live in Mass and will be going to the [August] Vermont, [july] Pennslvania and possibly [september] Indianapolis, Indiana...Think your taking the big Dodge out to show?

**DONOTDELETE** 04-02-2002 12:40 AM

we should be at indy...