2000 club cab, short bed, cummins, 5speed - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 03-03-2002, 07:51 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

2000 club cab, short bed, cummins, 5speed

just curious how much a truck like that would go for, 22k 24k? or how much do you think could be knocked of the price from whatever sticker price is
Im just curious because ive been looking for cummins with e 5speed and reg cab long bed, but this truck might work if they come down a hole hell of alot on the price wich the probably wont, tomorrow I guess I call the sales manager and see what he can do, last ime I was negotioating a price on truck I ended up going through 3 salesman before I finaly talked to him, this time Im going right to top. none of his sales guys budged on the price but he did when I talked to him,

just thinking out loud
Evan

trucks suck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 12:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 2000 club cab, short bed, cummins, 5speed

I don't know what the price should be but it's a good move to go to the sales manager and not the sales man, because the sales men want to get the highest price for the truck that they can because thier comission is based on what the vehicle sells for, and the manager is more interested in selling the truck as long as there is some profit.

Take care of the pennies and the dollars will take care of themselves.
post #3 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 02:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I bought my '99 quad cab, 4x4, short bed, cummins, 5 speed in Sept of 2000. Had 50,000 miles on it and gave blue book of 24,800 for it. It has been a wonderful truck and now have 78,000 miles on it and love it each time i get in it.

If you are interested in the cummins, be sure and check out the Turbo Diesel Register. Great info and lots of knowledgeable persons!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 03:36 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

yeah I realy dont like dealing with any of the guys at this dealership but theyve got the truck, so well I go straight the manager instead of wadeing my way through salesman to get there.

Ive pretty much been living on the TDR site and other dodge desel related sites,

ohhhhh wether I get the truck or not Im gona tell the manager the detail guys did a crappy job detailing it cause they painted everything you could eaasily see, but unlike most people I crawled under it and theres mud and grime everywhere, I cleaned my 89 chevy up to sale and its looks 100% better on the underside than that dodge does.

I doubt ill be getting it
Evan

trucks suck
post #5 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 04:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Something that you may want to consider is to look at picking up a truck in Western Canada. With the exchange rate that the U.S. dollar would get - you may be able to get a good deal. Besides - alot of U.S. dealers do come up to Canada to purchase used vehicles to bring your way to sell there.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 05:57 PM

I just bought a 2000 quad cab with the 5.2, automatic transmission, power everything except seats, had 24,000 miles on it and I gave 18,600. Just bought the truck on Feb. 8th. Hope this helps.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 03-04-2002, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

dang thats a good deal, was that 4wd 3/4ton, that one i was looking at is going for 26k thats hot for my blood, and Im to young to be tied down to somthing for that long

getting one in canada may be worth checking out, its about 9 hour drive from here to get to the border

Evan

trucks suck
post #8 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 12:01 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I went truck shopping a few weeks ago just to see how much I can get for my truck(trade-in). I have a '99 2500 ex cab diesel 4x4(75,000 miles) with a bunch of accesories like brushguard, bedliner, toolbox. One place told me $12,500 and another said $15,000. The place that told me $12,5K tried to sell me a truck similar but a gas engine for $17,000. I just laughed at him and walked out the door.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 01:28 AM Thread Starter
Keyboard Implanted

jeeeeeee

trucks suck
post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-05-2002, 05:17 PM

No it's a half-ton.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode