I'm a dumb@$$.. please HELP! - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 02-01-2002, 12:51 AM
SHOTGUN

I\'m a [email protected]$$.. please HELP!

Ok so I got a helluva deal on some Eagle Alloy 589's yesterday so I bought 'em. 4-brand new on my truck out the door for $320. So I went to wash the truck today because it was nasty and my new rims looked really nice and shiney. Well I had been to Wal-Mart to get some cleaners. Mothers wax suggested to me by BigBlueZ71 on the Chevy board, and Bleach-White for my white lettered tires. Well as you probably already guessed it got on my brand new 589's and created what looked like water spots that wouldn't come off!!! When I tried to wax it off and it wouldn't budge I became worried. So I called all my buddies and they suggested specialty wax from a performance shop, but it had closed for the day. One guy suggested Never Dull so I went down to Advance and my buddy who worked there tried a lil bit and the "water spot" looking stuff came off. So my girlfriend and I spent 4 hours tonight cleaning my brand new rims with Never Dull. They turned out really well but they all have some sort of slight haze to 'em. I was wondering if anyone know's how I might restore the nice shiney luster I had just hours ago!?!?[img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/mad.gif[/img][img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/frown.gif[/img] I really hope I didn't permanently damage these wheels because I just got them today and I got such a great deal. Any help/suggestions/ideas are certainly welcomed!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-02-2002, 12:34 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: I\'m a [email protected]$$.. please HELP!

i did the exact same thing with my american racing baja's. they are the same wheel only made by american. i used a cleaner not reccomended for polished wheels and it left spots all over them, the best way i found to make them look better than new is to use a small buffing wheel on a cordless drill and use blue wenol, it works awesome. they look better than they did new, i do this to the wheels every spring b/c they get messed up from road salt and snow. hope it helps

when you own a dodge you dont need a hobby

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode