big dd, rock ram pics yet? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dodge 4x4 vehicles All discussion of Dodge trucks, Ramchargers, Plymouth and SUV's...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 01-29-2002, 11:17 PM Thread Starter

big dd, rock ram pics yet?

Just wondering if you have taking any pics of your new agr hydrolic rock ram now that its been installed. I might get that kit too in the future too since I kill my gear box all the time and almost ripped it off the frame once. The extreme articulation I do isn't helping it but the hydrolic arm is supposed to lower the pressure exerted on the gear box. I would like to see how you installed your kit on the big deisel and mopar to ya!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks Bobby...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 12:13 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: big dd, rock ram pics yet?

no pics yet but i will get some together by this weekend and post for you...it works so well and due to the hydraulic assist take all the pressure off your frame rail and puts it on the ram its amaizing...took alittle to get used to driveing with it because it turns really easy as compared to stock stuff...i get the picts together i think i might even have some shots of the install and what i had to do...i see what i can find--Kale

8" suspension lift, 38" TSL Radials
post #3 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 04:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Your were at Dodge City 2 years ago wern't you? You going again this year? I'll be there, was just wondering.

Mopar_Mudder
http://www.mopar.rockcrawler
1983 W350
Dana 60's, 38.5 Swamper SX's
ARB Lockers Front and Back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 02-04-2002, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

Thanks Kale, my steering wheel has so much play that its driving me crazy, I just replaced the drag link and the inner tie rod which helped but not good enough. I can turn my wheel 1/2 way around and still drive straight, plus my updated dt products trac bar bracket is loose and cracked and my 110 volt welder can't seem to do the trick. There is a little play in the heim joint and the output shaft on my agr gear box is bent and slightly leaking so it needs to be replaced with the new 17:1 super gear box with the outputs for the ram, so i'll have the whole kit. My pump was replaced with the super pump already about 3 months ago...Bobby

post #5 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 02:03 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Mudder, long time no see you on this board...yeah i was there and i am going to do my best to make it again this year...if so look forward to seeing you here--Kale

post #6 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 03:23 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Look forward to possibly seeing you again. Working on putting 39.5 boggers on the truck right now, and getting the motor back in. Lots to get done before that times rolls around.

Mopar_Mudder
http://www.mopar.rockcrawler
1983 W350
Dana 60's, 38.5 Swamper SX's
ARB Lockers Front and Back
post #7 of (permalink) Old 02-06-2002, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Hey Kale, I just ordered the new gear box and the ram for my truck through agr direct, the whole kit is cheaper through them than summit $917 vs $949. He orginally wasn't going to just sell me those parts of the kit since I already bought the super pump months ago but summit racing couldn't find the parts number in there computer so I called them back and he agreed to help me out so there on there way here...

post #8 of (permalink) Old 02-27-2002, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

It finially arrived! The new steering box, hydrolic ram and the hardware. I wish the instructions would show some pictures of the ram installed on the rams. Where/how did you install your ram?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 03-07-2002, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hey SS, sorry i am a complete flake and have been very busy and have not got around to getting pics yet. but i swear i will get them to you. as afar as where i put it on the truck well you must remember i changed my front tierod to a straight cross over piece and that allowed me to get around the shortened tierod problem, what I had to do was go to a 1 ton hd '98 setup and then i had to do some welding up of some brackets to bolt to the axle/ tierod. i will try and get some pics to you asap.---big dd

post #10 of (permalink) Old 03-08-2002, 10:15 PM Thread Starter

No problem man! I am not planning to install the kit really soon, I first need to replace my ball joints. Did you have to modify anything to install the 98 hd parts? or was it a bolt on upgrade?

My buddy has your old spare tire on his furd since I sold my old 38" sx's to him with that 3/4 deep slice in it from when I was on top of those 5 cars at that truck show, well it finially leaked and went flat, I plugged it and it was fine for a while. It now has a big patch in it and hopefully it will live again... Or if not I/we both might need another spare tire since we might possbily not have one. Yes we have just one spare 38" between both of us. Mopar to ya!!!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode