Off Roading Forums banner

TA/AAR Steeering Box rebuild

911 views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Andytron 
G
#1 ·
As you may be able to tell from my handle, I own a 70 AAR Cuda. Several years ago, I removed the original TA Fast ratio Steering box (and the associated arm) because the box was loose. I still have the box and and arm.

Anyways, I was browsing EBAY yesterday and I see that there is someone selling a TA steering box which was recently rebuilt. I didnt realize that rebuilding was still possible. I figured parts availability was nil. Does anybody know if these boxes use the same internals as the regular box (with the stops adjusted). I know the fast ratio arm has alot to do with the 2.5 turns lock to lock but is there an actual internal difference.

Anyone know where I can get my box rebuilt?

#2 ·
I have seen an add in one of my buddys Mopar mags for a place that rebuilds steering boxes. Unfortunately I don't have the add or the name of the place. All I know is he is sending the box from his 69 Roadrunner(413,A833,323Sure-Grip) there.

"Every form of refuge has it's price."

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.