TTR 125 Carb issues - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Performance and Tech Wrench on it and make it faster - Or just get it to start.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 04-18-2009, 12:49 PM Thread Starter

TTR 125 Carb issues

After searching the TTR 125 Carb issues, and having (now) an issue with the one on my wifes' bike, I would like to know if anyone out there has dumped the 125 OEM Carb for a Mikuni, or other? The issue I have, is that after a very gentle tip over, the throttle became unresponsive. At first, I thought the floats had stuck, but soon it started and ran well. After about two days we went to ridea again and only got about a 1/2 mile from the house, when it quit. I tried every means to get it running, but it acted as if it was not getting fuel eventhough it was. We wound-up pushing it back home. I took the intake side of the air hose off and looked at the slide. When I rolled the throttle on, the slide did not move? I stuck my finger in and under the bevel on the back side, and it popped lose. Once it was free, I got it to start, but it would not Idle regardless of the idle screw postion. When I let off the throttle it died and the slide again stuck. I then grabbed the grip and when my hand hit the throttle, something in the carb made a snap and the slide began to resond again? Wierd... I took it to the dealer, they kept it overnight, calling me in this morning to tell me they could not find anything wrong with it?
So back to my first question; With all the issues with this carb, seen online and now in person, has someone successfully swapped Carbs? Is there another compatable Carb I can install and not have to deal with this garbage?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 08:39 AM Thread Starter

YAMAHA Has Replacement Carbs!

Continued from TTR125 Carb Issues.....
After telling the dealer to go back and look again at the TTR125 Carb on my wife's bike, they finally saw what I was seeing. The stuck slide issue was/is actually a design flaw allowing the linkage to "disconnect" from the slide. Anyway, they called Yamaha, and according to the dealer, Yamaha knew all about it and sent a replacement "upgraded" carb for the bike (Warranty Item).
There are many of you having all kinds of Carb issues with your 125's, you really should get with Yamaha to see if they willl replace yours. If they know it's an issue, then they know it's their fault...they should replace it!
Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode