Looking Hard - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-23-2001, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Looking Hard

Fellas, I've found myself looking extremely hard at a new for 02 Dyna Superglide Sport, Pearl White with laced wheels. No, it's not a dirt bike, but I've never owned an HD and wondered if any of you had any experience with this manufacturer of motorcycles. I saw one through the window on Thanks Giving day. Pulled it up on the web, it's not the fastest, most powerful, or advanced bike on the market. But, what it is to me, is a simple, un-cluttered, easy to look at motorcycle. What do you fellas think?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Looking Hard

whatever floats your boat man, like the night train myself with drag bars. heard the chicks dig the vibrations, hahahaa

post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-26-2001, 10:29 PM
Keyboard Implanted

They sure are sweet bikes... but do your self a favor and go look at the new Yamaha (Damnit I can't remember the name) it kinda has the same style but at a way better price and it even has better performance..... I've seen a few in person and they look REALLY nice [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

"His voice was horse, his throat was dry.. he asked me for a sip...."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-27-2001, 09:06 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

warrior and honda vtx- go harley unless your gonna do some serious custom to the yammi or honda

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-28-2001, 09:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I'm with yz on the Night Train thing. any custom variation on the softail is a good thing. The add-ons are abundant, and you can make a softail the bike to reflect your own personality. The scary thing is that the one I almost built would have ran me around $32K. That's nuts for a bike, don't you think. Let me see, where is that parts list.....

RoosteR
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning.....
post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-29-2001, 03:08 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Go for the new 2002 V-Rod Brian. They look sweet.

post #7 of (permalink) Old 12-04-2001, 05:57 PM Thread Starter

Been out of the net for a while fellas, went home (to Iowa), to pick up my KLX. It was a great drive, never been on I 90 before, a bit chilly this time of year, but the mountains were beautiful, covered with snow in places. South Dakota was neat, lots of scenic stuff to see if I had the time, which I didn't, but it's getting added to my list of stuff to do, somewhere near the top since it will be by motorcycle. Sturgis, Billings, Montana where I think the annual killer hill climb is, Devils Tower, Yellowstone Park, the Bad Lands, and probably a few other things I either missed or forgot.
Chubby, reference the V Rod, I guess it's one of those things you either like or don't like, I think it's kind of ugly myself. I saw a special on the design and production of it, my bud recorded it from somewhere. It discussed among other things, either Porshe or some other European automobile maker helped design it. I think if they had just put a standard radiator on it, I'd like it. I still think that Dyna Super Glide Sport with pearl white paint and spoked wheels is the bike. Just before I left here to drive to IA, I saw a Boss Hoss parked in some guys leather shop here in Tacoma, nice bike, huge tank. Fella said 9 gallons of gas. The entire bike was just huge, chevy 350 small block in it. I think that pretty much sums up the power issue.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode