New bike prices - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 04:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

New bike prices

I am thinking of buying a new bike and was wondering how negotiable, if at all, are the prices. I have purchased a couple of new cars and know all about haggling for new cars. Can you do the same with a bike or are they pretty firm? Thanks.

Dan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 09:40 PM

Re: New bike prices

you should be able to talk em down

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-14-2001, 09:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

a rule of thumb is to never pay the posted price, they always have barging room unless there saleing there bread and butter, and in that case they wont budge, and even sometimes make the price up above the manfacture sugested retail,

but usually they will come down if they dont come down try and get them to through gear or something in.

My truck & A Cowboys Dream!! enough said
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 08:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

LEFTOVERS ARE ALWAYS CHEAPER CAUSE THEY NEED THE MONEY AND ROOM FOR NEW STOCK. THE NEW CR250 CRF450 AND YZ S YOU PROB WONT BE ABLE TO BUDGE MUCH. because every body and there brother wants one. there might even be a waiting list. it also depends where yu live. i am selling a 99 yz 250 yamaha if you are interested. and a 2001 r6 yamaha.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-15-2001, 11:36 PM
Keyboard Implanted

yz

those are some seet bikes your saleing, you ever been on a R-1 its just crazy fast, I rode an r-1 for like 10mins and was doing 130 plus for most of it, and dang does it get going that fast real fast. Ive also rode the r-6s and there also scarey fast.

how much do you need out of the YZ-250

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 10:03 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

COME THIS SUMMER I AM GOIG TO ask $3800. it has protaper bars and applied trip clamp, delta force redd cage. sidewinder chain ansd stainless sprocket. new seat cover and shroud decals. fork seals just redone. no toil air filter. pro circuit pipe and silencer. skid plate. works conn. frame guards. new front fender, side panels. and fork sliders. didn't ride to much this year. 20 hours on top end. race gas vp 108 with silkolene pro-2 run since new. silkolene comp med gear oil since new. maintained religiously. new brakes fr and rr.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32-597727-Mvc-006s.jpg (39.8 KB, 9 views)
post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 10:04 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

it looks alot better now. i took the whole thing apart and regreased and cleaned everything.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 10:05 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

it looks alot better now. i took the whole thing apart and regreased and cleaned everything.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32-597732-Mvc-005s.jpg (38.9 KB, 8 views)
post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-16-2001, 10:12 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

my friend wanted to put some fininshing touches on this one

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 32-597739-newjohn.jpg (59.8 KB, 8 views)
post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-18-2001, 01:09 AM
Keyboard Implanted

take scotch brite pad the the sidepanels right were they meet the aribox, I can see the black from your boots on them right there. or just scrub real hard,

if you want that for the bike you better get the pic and brush out and get to work cause that things gon have to look new for someone to pay that much for it, and from my experince, people will pay more for a bike thats all stock than a bike that throw on parts on it, reason being is that they think the bike has been dinked with less, but there all dinked with. If I was saleing that thing Id throw the stock pipe and triple clamp and bars and sale it that.

also with after market pipes and stuff the byer is more likely to think the bikes been raced cause they look through mags and stuff and see all the top guys running that stuff, it realy doesnt matter that a bikes been raced or not but most buyers dont know that, they just want something to ride.

sorry Ive had a few bars and felt voiceing my opions, actully to tell you the truth 3800s not that bad but I would trhow some stock stuff back on it unless its been thrashed, I know my tock bars on my kx lasted like a day at the max, then I went trhough like 7 sets after that, not just bending but breaking intwo, lol the good old days, must be that dang aluminum.

Evan

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode