damn valves??????? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 03:42 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

damn valves???????

so far ive replaced my reeds main jet and moved the clip position and none have fixxed the high rpm blubbering and braking up so im going to check the powervalves but i dont know what to look for. my manual only tells how to take it apart and put it back together. what should i look for????

BLOW THEM ALL UP AND LET ALLAH FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW SCREWED UP IS THIS WORLD?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 09:44 PM

Re: damn valves???????

now you replaced you main jet but did you check the plug to see where the jetting was afterward??? hmmmm???

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #3 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 10:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

its still a little bit rich but not that bad.

BLOW THEM ALL UP AND LET ALLAH FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW SCREWED UP IS THIS WORLD?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 10:42 PM
Keyboard Implanted

the power valve shouldnt ,make it blubber what it does is make it so it has decenet power on the bottom then opens up when it revs out so it can make better top end power.

what kinda bike is this??? shoulda checked your dealy thing.

sometimes the needle and seats were out due to vibrations you know the needle on the slide, causeing it to not let the peoper aount of air in. or keep out

it could be running rich, might have something stuck in the float valve

does it run very well I mean is it reveing out and then just kinda falls flat on the top or is it, when you pin just go rev up and down as your holding it pegged,
might try a hotter plug just see what it does, I wouldnt go hotter than a 7 though actually I try not to go hotter than 8s on my kx wich calls for a 9.

My truck & A Cowboys Dream!! enough said
post #5 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 10:53 PM
Keyboard Implanted

hmmmm is it an xr80??

your valves could have something to do with the blubbering, after time the exhaust valves like to get tight and the intake likes to loosen, dont quote me on this but I belive the valve clearances are intake .02 exhaust .03 If I remember right there are just two little cpps that unscrew on the cylinder and the valves are right there. you then just trun the motor over till its on TDC top dead center and adjust the valve to specs, dont quote me on the specs. you may have to turn the motor over more than ounce because if its not on the power strok there will be one valve loose and one tight, you can adjust the one thats open but then youll have to turn the motor over to adjust the othere one.

there should be a little cap screw in the flywheel cover that you can take out and the flywheel will be marked with aeither a line or a t indicateing TDC, sometimes bikes have both marks, cant remeber what the XR has,

after you adjust the valves and its not fixed then id readjust them and then if it still isnt better then id go to the carb, the valves are actully easier in my opion than troube shooting carbs.

Ihope its an xr80 cause if not then none of this infos worth a shh

Evan

post #6 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 10:55 PM
Keyboard Implanted

well looks like its a 91 cr 125

the info in my first reply is for 2 strokes, lol I feel real bright about now

post #7 of (permalink) Old 11-12-2001, 11:19 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Clean the power valve... they need it often

***All previous rules do not apply***
post #8 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 02:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

i have a service manual but i dont want to get in over my head. is it hard or just straight forward? do i just take everything out and clean it with like oven cleaner? do i just clean the little parts or do i spray in their and whipe all the carbon and stuff thats in their?

post #9 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 03:19 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

take it apart. clean every moving piece in the powervalve assembly. read the manual. put it back together. if the manual looks like it might be too hard for you to accomplish than don't do it, if it does not look too hard, then proceed. make sure you lube the peices that say "lube me" in the manual. take pictures if need be. start taking it apart. if it starts getting to hard . put it back together. the cr power valve shouldn't be too bad. go for it. after all whats the worst that can happen, remem its only a honda, not like your messing with a ******YAMAHA****** O SACRED ********YAMAHA********

post #10 of (permalink) Old 11-13-2001, 04:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

yyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh ahahahahahahaha im going to clean it tonight.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode