kx 125 half revs - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 06:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

kx 125 half revs

hi all,I just bought a kx 125 (1986ish} and it wont rev out. It starts easy and runs fine but when the powervalve is supposed to cut in (i think) nothing happens.The ignition coil is a yamaha item and I tried a honda coil and its still the same. I cleaned the carb and i am waiting for a new air filter (old one has a hole in it).Any help would be appreciated. THANKS fj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:36 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: kx 125 half revs

dont get pissed bec it isnt worth it. hummmmmmmmmm how much compression does it have? 190-130 any lower that 130 u need a rebuild. your powervalve could be the problem id check it or take it to the shop. what exactly does it do? more detals

BLOW THEM ALL UP AND LET ALLAH FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW SCREWED UP IS THIS WORLD?????
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 05:39 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

thanks for the reply,Ijust checked the compression and its 150 so its probably ok.Whats involved in checking the power valve and where is it. When it hits half revs it just splutters as if it had a rev limiter, any more help would be great. THANKS AGAIN fj

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 06:45 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

when it hits 1/2 revs does it sound like its very rich? is it jetted rite? the powervalve on your bike should be near where your pipe conects to the cylinder. it should say KIPS ut it may not bec its old. i dont know o to check it bec i have never had one apart ut i know what they do when the powervalve is goofed up.

BLOW THEM ALL UP AND LET ALLAH FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW SCREWED UP IS THIS WORLD?????
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-25-2001, 10:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

the powervalve partially closes the exhaust port at low rpms and as rpm increase the valve open more and more letting more exhaust to escape and lessoning back pressure. make sure the carb is adjusted properly also. under the cover there shoulb a linkage that connects to the gear case. this is what moves your powervalve. make sure this is still connected

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 01:52 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

guess what i just found out,my kx doesnt have a powervalve. how old could this bike be? I took off the head and everything looks ok,I suppose i better go back and check my ignition and carb again.WHAT DO YOU THINK? THANKS AGAIN fj

r
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode