Where do I go? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 11:55 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Where do I go?

Venting time.

I am so sick and tired of Iowa and the worthless dirt bikers here. It's always something, "the wife, the kids, my bike isn't running right, I have to work, there's a game on TV, it's too far to drive and on and on and on".

So, where do I go? I am going to sell my house and move to where there is good riding.

Here in Iowa, I have to load up late night, and head out at 4 or 5 in the morning and drive two hours, minimum, to go riding. I need something better, more accessible, and people that don't put riding on the shelf for their other BS.

Help me!!!

RoosteR
I love the smell of two-stroke in the morning.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 06:52 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Where do I go?

LOL.. when you figure it out, tell me!!!

I live in the San Francisco bay area and, not that I hate it here, but its 2hrs minimum to the closest place to go riding and it's so fu(king expensive to live here. 1200sq ft 3 bedroom 1 bath houses are 400k+ with almost no yard [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]

I'm looking at Carson City Nev, Redding Ca and Phoenix Az

***All previous rules do not apply***
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 07:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

where i live its like 10mins to the nearest track but its small and like 45 to a huge place w/ 3 tracks and endless woods and fireroads. the east has some room but the most riding areas are in rural communites that have enough room.

BLOW THEM ALL UP AND LET ALLAH FIGURE IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW SCREWED UP IS THIS WORLD?????¿
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-21-2001, 10:16 PM
Keyboard Implanted

OR... get a XR100 and make a flat track in someones back yard [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img].... It's a whole lot funner than you'd think, BUT you HAVE to have other friends with XR100's, otherwise it gets boring quick....

There has to be places you could do that in Iowa??

***All previous rules do not apply***
post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 02:36 AM

rooster, I'm originally from Iowa but haven't spent much time there lately. I've spent some time in Georgia. There is an organization called SETRA (Southeastern Enduro and Trail Riders Association) that has a series they run with both Enduro's and Hare Scrambles along the southeast. Lots of people show up to all the events. Depending on where you live, you'd have to do some driving to compete. Check out their web site at www.setra.org There are also quite a few off road riding areas to trail ride. You have to pay a $5 parking/riding fee at most of them. This supposedly covers the maintenance for the area. $5 for a day of entertainment seems like a good deal to me. Cost of living in the south is cheaper too. The last time I was home in Waterloo, I had to go to the court house and register my bike and put a sticker on it to ride the same area I used to ride when I was a kid. Took me like two days to do all the paperwork and cost something like $30-$50, I don't remember. It was worth it to me, just to be able to ride at that spot again. It used to be called "The mitchel sand pitts". I think they have a different name for it now.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 07:25 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Hey Brian, how ya been?

They call the Mitchell pits River View OHV Park now. Never been there, but hope to make there next spring. I have been to all the other places in Iowa, and after a while it just gets to be a pain to go riding alone. Bluff Creek is pretty fun, but I know every single rock, rut and tree in that place and am looking for some new terrain. The registration fees here aren't bad, and they put some of the money back into the parks, which is a good thing. Check out http://www.iowaohv.com/

I've checked out SETRA, but I no longer compete, just looking for some fun play stuff. I used to ride all over Iowa, no problem, but they just keep closing everything down. There are several private areas, but if you aren't with the "in" crowd, they won't let you ride.

Still thinking the SW is the direction to go, there seems to bee a lot of un-inhibited riding down there. Not to mention some of the guys at DRN seem to be most gracious about showing me around, should I ever make it there.

RoosteR

RoosteR
post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-22-2001, 09:58 PM

dude jusyt get an RV and one of those big race trailers and camp out at a big riding area or major track! then you can live near anyriding area you want!!!

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-23-2001, 07:27 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

98 Warrior

Funny you should mention that, I thought about it many times. I work construction, so it wouldn't be hard to do, just have to sell my house and go......

P.S. - I fear no quad riders!!! LOL, just kidding around. I wouldn't mind having a quad, but it isn't in the "toy budget" yet. I think it would be great here in the winter. Used to have a 250R trike that was a blast in the snow.

RoosteR
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-24-2001, 04:14 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Just move out here man, all i have to do is get it out of the garage and i can ride, anyone will let ya ride on their land around here as long as it is not hunting season, we have enduro's, harescrambles...

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-26-2001, 10:43 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

got to rub it in'
i ride any where anytime, paths for every how far u make it ride around fields around shop at the farm i work on just anywhere anytime and if i want to go somewhere else it ian't but 10 min ride and 3 mins to put the fourwheeler in the back of the z' so its cool to live in eastern north carolina had to rub it in

92 Chevy z71 305 w/ Crane Compucam,40 series flowmaster, hypertech chip, eldebrock performer intake, eldebrock chrome air cleaner, headers,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode