Need carb parts for '75 YZ125 - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 08:44 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Need carb parts for \'75 YZ125

I have a 1975 Yamaha YZ125 that has a problem with gas periodically spewing out the overflow tube on the carburator. Based on inspection, my best theory at the moment is that the float valve seat is galled and is thus not sealing properly with the float needle. I went to my local Yamaha parts dealer and they want big $$ for these pukey little parts. Plus they are special order (and thus not returnable). Does anyone on this BBS have these parts for sale (cheap), or possibly direct me to someone (or a website) where I can get these Jurrasic-era parts at a reasonable price? I'll take used parts if they are in reasonably good condition. Thanks for all your help!

James
87 4Runner, 2.4L, 22RE, EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-19-2001, 11:05 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: Need carb parts for \'75 YZ125

Go pick up a Cycle news mag at a bike shop and check some of the ads, I think there is a place called Vintage Iron or somthing like that ???

What about repairing it?? I've seen epoxy repair leaky floats before [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

***All previous rules do not apply***
post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-20-2001, 07:25 PM Thread Starter
Enthusiast

Re: Need carb parts for \'75 YZ125

Thanks for the tips on the magazines. I'll check it out. Actually its not the floats themselves that are the problem. It seems like the float valve seat (which contains the little needle) has some scars on it which are allowing the gas to flow through even when its supposed to be shut off. If it was the float, then, yeah, I could just patch them with a little epoxy. Thanks again.

James
87 4Runner, 2.4L, 22RE, EFI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode