29 Days and a Wake up - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 10:23 AM Thread Starter

29 Days and a Wake up

I don't post very often, but I read most of what is written here, it helps keep me as sane as I can be. I have to share this with you. I will be OUTTA HERE, IN 32 DAYS AND BACK TO THE WORLD. YEEEESSSSSSSSSS!!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 11:48 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: 32 Days and a Wake up

i am guessing you are at a mental ward?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Yep, thats what I'd call it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 12:54 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I thought you were with the rest of the troops in Afganistan. After they started mobilizing you were pretty quiet.

So what are you going to buy when you get home?

post #5 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 01:49 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

NOW IT ALL MAKES SENSE!, YOU ARE IN another country. i really thought you were nuts!

post #6 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 01:56 PM Thread Starter

I'm looking heavily at the DRZ E. I know it can't compare with the YZF's, but it has electric start. I've spent way too much time trying to restart my KLX after I fall. I think a WR would be great if it had a button, or an XR if they were e start and water cooled. KTM's seem to be working great, but a little expensive. I saw a list of parts prices that were a little more than normal as well. A big bore 2 stroke might be nice too. I'm headed to the state of Washington and I have no idea what the off-road racing scene is like up there. The south east has a great series put on by SETRA. I'm hoping to find something like that. Now, on the other side of the fence, the numbers on that 02 Honda CBR 954 are looking pretty darn good. Wouldn't life be great if a guy could have all the toys he wanted. I guess I could've answered your question directly by saying "I don't know, I want them all"

post #7 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 02:09 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

dido, i was looking at the 02 r1 and 02 954 my self, have an 01 r6 now. led tail for both this year. moreeeeeee powerrrrrr

post #8 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 09:08 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Naw.... get a XR400 and get the electric start conversion done to it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

***All previous rules do not apply***
post #9 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 10:20 PM
Drew K1500

I was informed that the DOD (Dept. of Defense) has reinstated the "Loss Prevention" meaning that no one can leave the military for any normal reason. I have 5 years left on my current enlistment so I dont care but there were about 5 guys in my squadron who were set for retirement this month. They are pretty ticked. Also there is one guy who was supposed to be discharged because he is a worthless P.O.S. but now we have to deal with him for an infinite time.

How does it feel to be beaten by a sewing machine?
HUSQVARNA WXC610
Fly Your Flag, Support our Veterans

post #10 of (permalink) Old 10-17-2001, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

The DOD has given authority to the services to manage their own (The Army calls it "Stop Loss") programs. Currently it hasn't been put into effect. We are still being allowed to PCS (Permanent Change of Station). I don't know anyone who has tried to retire yet but after I get back I'll have about 14 months till I hit 20, then I'm gone. I'm planing on trying out for a Walmart Greeter job. It looks pretty stress free and I don't think they have to travel much Whatever it is, I want to get up in the morning and think "Yah buddy, I'm going to WORK" Anyone have any suggestions on what I should be looking at?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode