Whats the right bike? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 12:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Whats the right bike?

I've recently had a renewed interest in riding and have an old PE 370 bored to 400+. Works for now but hope to get into something new next spring. I'm 6'2" and weigh 185. I've been riding off and on all my life so I can handle a bike, but have been totally out of the picture as far as bikes go for about 7 years. The YZ426F sounds like it might be a good one. Please give me your input. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 01:13 AM
portgrinder

Re: Whats the right bike?

i am very pleased with my 400f. less work and it will rip most 250's apart

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 05:42 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Thanks for the feedback. Are the 2002's going to be much better than previous? Do you think it is a good idea to look for a used one or bite the bullet and go new?
What kind of price for used but decent shape?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 10:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

UNLESS YOUR racing going a few years back will not hurt, 99 on up for yamaha, thats the 400 and 250 starting becoming really good. dont know about others, dont go more than four years back. cause wear is an issue. are you looking for a two or four stroke. motocross or trail riding.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 05:02 PM
portgrinder

new is nice, if you have the cash.

i paid 4,500 cdn for my 99 400f and it was MINT, an old guy rode it though. if you can find one a couple years old that is not beat, i would go that way, motocross technology moves rather slooww.

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-20-2001, 11:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Around here(louisville, KY), a nice used YZ400F can go for as little as $3000!!! Just to give you an idea on cost. Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 03:18 AM
portgrinder

ya but thats like 9grand canadian man!
my bike had less than 20 hrs on it

Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 07:49 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

I live about 10 minutes from the canadian border at Sumas/Abbotsford. Is this any were close to were you are? If so I would be happy to be refered to the best way to look for a bike in lower BC. I would kind of like to do a little racing in the beginer class, but would like a good woods type bike as I have about 30 acres available that I am building tracks on right now. If I don't respond to a post in the near future it's because I don't have a computer at home and my wife is due with a baby any day now so I may be taking a few days off. Any response is appreciated.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 04:14 PM
portgrinder

im in central alberta.
if you raelly want to buy up here i would suggest looking around in southern alberta. 7% less tax here(if you are buying from a dealer i guess. the 400/426 is wicked for woods and racing. they can pretty much do it all

Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-21-2001, 06:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

A friend of mine is selling his 2000 YZ426 and asking $6000 but I'm sure he'd go lower. Renthal bars, Devol rad guards and frame guards.... If you took the ferry at Port Angelos???? we're only a few hours away from you.

Please be kind rewind
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode