yz 250f squats - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 07:17 AM
Frog

yz 250f squats

hey lads,why does my yz feel like a chopper when i accellerate from a flat landing?theres a tabletop at our local track and when i overjump it(its not that tall,just long)and hit the throttle on landing the bike squats right down.i have the sag set at95mm,i weigh 65 kg,75 with gear,dunno what that is in pounds.i dont think its really a problem it just feels funny.thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-10-2001, 08:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: yz 250f squats

Have you checked the high and low speed compression settings?
How does the rear suspension react on other obstacles?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 05:23 AM
Frog

yeah i have.up and down with the comp clickers,up and down with the reb clickers,set sag at 90,set sag at 100 still the same.only on the one jump.bike feels 100% around the rest of the track.i even took my mates bike for a ride,he's just put gold valves in his fork and shock and new fork springs to suit the new valving and his weight and it does the same.he hasnt changed the shock spring but he only weighs 55kg with his gear.he said he hadnt really noticed it.in adb(our version of dirt rider)they fit a 5.4 shock spring on a wr250 in place of the stock 4.8.they reckon it will fix the squatting.
maybe i should just buy a new pipe,wont fix the arse end but i'll feel better.
thanks

my missus reckon that bikes have taken over my life,i told her you havent lived til youve got a bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-11-2001, 11:31 AM
portgrinder

duh, maybe cuz you are trying to accel (putting more moment on your rear tire due to the torque of the motor) when your susp is almost already bottomed out, thus keeping it squished longer

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-12-2001, 11:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Tell em what's up Port, that bloat speaking in metric [censored] expecting us to figure it out, My two cents, HAMMER DOWN ON THE BItcH and leaving the whinning to the missus! :-) Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 08:27 AM
Frog

dude,dont get me wrong,the missus is a champion.she packs my gear before a race,washes it after,loads my bike and gear on the ute(rv?)after the races and drives home.man,she even gives me riding tips like"if you just hold it on longer into the first corner,dont back off so early"
AND i get a massage that night
ha ha suckers.
1 inch:2.54cm
1 pound:.453592kg
whats a bloat?

my missus reckon that bikes have taken over my life,i told her you havent lived til youve got a bike.
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:37 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they use the metrics so they think there "units" are bigger, who needs metrics when you're equipped with pure beefsteak, hahahahah

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 11:38 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

they use the metrics so they think there "units" are bigger, who needs metrics when you're equipped with pure beefsteak, hahahahah

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-13-2001, 10:29 PM
portgrinder

i'm guessinf your linkage might have alot of krutz build up or there's dirt in your shaft, and thats trouble bro.
mine cost 700 bones

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-14-2001, 08:54 AM
Frog

nah man,no krutz,you could eat your dinner off my bike.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode