guess - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 04:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

guess

im 14 got a kx 100 ad about5'4 120 lbs d0o u think i should sell it and get a 125 now or wait a few years?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 04:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: guess

i bought a yz 250 91 when i was 17-18 5-9 150lbs. wait a yeat and get a 250. a 125 is not much more than a 100 with lil more power and taller. 250 is same size with some real balls. if you like riding with the throttle full open all the time then buy a 125 cause they have NO LOW END. 250 is where it is at. low end power with a powerband that will
de-virgin-ise your azz

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 05:22 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My son's 13, 5'-5", 110#. He just went from a CR80 to a 2000 CR125. He's handling it pretty good. I'm glad we didn't get him a 250 yet. I think most guys get a 125 first then graduate to a 250. Sure a 250 has more low end but that doesn't mean a 125 is a worthless piece of crap.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 09-06-2001, 05:32 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I HAD A 86 YZ 80 BEFORE MY 250 YZ, ALSO HAD A 350 WARRIOR. i wanted a 125 cause i thought the 250 would be too much. when i first rode it i was sooooo scared, like turning a mack truck when i was used to a UGO. but not long after i was glad i had the 250. i ride a lot of hills and in silt and it really bogs the motor so a 125 wont cut it for me, plus i am 175-185 lbs now. 125's are cool i just like the fact that you can be in third barely noving about to stall at the bottom of a hill, tap the clutch, floor it, instant powerband, and up the hill that everyone wants to do and i'm DOING it!

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #5 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 10:58 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

rich u should stick wit ur 100 until next year or even 2 years from now b cause u have a lot to learn and also when u sit on my dads u hardly touch u aent that tall u should just wait

post #6 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 11:07 PM
Keyboard Implanted

My different answers to many different questions

What year and what condition is the KX100??
How well are you ridding it??
Have you ridden a 125 or a 250 yet??

remember it's the rider and not the bike that makes you fast!

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys
post #7 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 11:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

this is his friend but i will reply since he isnt on. It is a 2000 and is in mint condition. He still has alot to learn like hills jumps soft sand and burms but when he was with us we did a death train up a hill(not the smartest i dea we've ever had wit me xr80man and bizkitguy69) but n e way i was in the front wit the 125 and i made it up and look back and see a monster 200 flin at me so i drove to the left b cause it is a v at the top and i took the left xr80man went straight into the trees b cause bizkit was right behind him swirving like a bitch wheel spinning and all so the there is like a foot space u have to go through to get to the top and the left and right a cliffs so he swirves hits the cliff and flips completely backwardsd and warps his back fender. so he has a lot to learn and he may not have riddin a 125 if so it was my dads but he never rode a 250 he is to small. maybe me or xr80man could handle it bcause im like 5'5 or 5'6 when xr80man is like5'7' or 5'8 and we actually respect thye machine. also dont listen to bizkitguy69 he dont know jack he doesnt even know how to clean aan airfilter or change his oil on his own we have to do it.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 09-08-2001, 11:41 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

hell yea those bushes and stuff at the top of that hill hurt but it all went away when i saw the bottom of his bike flipping backwards.

post #9 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 12:40 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Ah, bah, respect machines? I wouldn't use respect...more like, you drive the machine, don't let it take you for a ride. Drivin like a bat out of hell isn't bad either,

<font color=blue> I'd rather be STROKED than BORED...
post #10 of (permalink) Old 09-09-2001, 12:43 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

What i can't stand is people who talk sh!t about how they are awesome riders in front of all there friends and crap, and then you find out they suck, they can't even freakin go up like a three foot hill.

<font color=blue> I'd rather be STROKED than BORED...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode