Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups

Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups (https://forums.off-road.com/forum.php)
-   Dirtbike Lounge (https://forums.off-road.com/dirtbike-lounge/)
-   -   xr's a money pit (https://forums.off-road.com/dirtbike-lounge/85393-xrs-money-pit.html)

**DONOTDELETE** 09-01-2001 09:27 PM

xr\'s a money pit

almost got all the parts i need to put my 200r back together just need to get my cylider work done a few gaskets and a piston. i guess nobody makes a aftermarket cam for it. if they do noone i can get a hold of can find one. Hope to have it finished by spring still waiting on the oil seals so i can get the bottom end together. i really wish i had given up on this bomb before i spent a grand on all these parts for something that takes up three shelves of baggies and coffee cans of parts.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-01-2001 10:55 PM

Re: xr\'s a money pit

I think http://www.xrsonly.com make some performance products the XR200. Try there.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-01-2001 11:18 PM

Just checked, they do.

**DONOTDELETE** 09-01-2001 11:25 PM

Speakin of it bein a money pit, i dumped 430 bucks into my 200r and got 15 minutes of fun out of it, then the same thing happened all over again...

<font color=blue> I'd rather be STROKED than BORED...

**DONOTDELETE** 09-03-2001 11:26 PM

you got a four valver parts are outrageous still cant beleive they rape ya 500 for a crank

**DONOTDELETE** 09-03-2001 11:35 PM

yeah xrsonly has a few things but for some reason they don't have a cam for the 85 xr200r

**DONOTDELETE** 09-04-2001 12:57 AM

i really hope my bike dont end up the way it was. i will take a hammer to it before i buy another crank. still am a little worried because i have no idea why the con rod bearing failed and ended up throughout the motor. i only rode it maybe a few hours the whole time i had it and poof it just sounded like it ran out of gas and died. just couldn't kick it over. then i took the inspection plug out and turned the motor over with a ratchet hardly bumped it and it kicked over a few times and locked again. at first i thought the cam chain jumped until i took the cam out and found it was still locked. i new it was something big though once i took the covers off the sides and seen all that brass all over. should of listened to my buds they said junk it. but no not me. oh and another thing the nuts on the rockers vibrated loose about a week before the motor died never would of noticed but the cap vibrated off the valve cover and got lost about maybe 50 feet from my trailer

Kyron 09-04-2001 03:09 AM

There is a reason they don't make a big cam for it [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

**DONOTDELETE** 09-04-2001 06:24 AM

xrs yuck! my friend is constantly working on his 200. he fixed his clutch maybe 2 months ago at the most and itis slipping again in higher gears already. hes ordering springs for it today which as they always do for him will take about a year to come in. i say just buy a 2 stroke

**DONOTDELETE** 09-04-2001 09:14 AM

the only things ive had to work on my 200 are the carb once but it was a quick fix and the clutch bec it was abused very badly efore i got the bike.