Off Roading Forums banner

xr's a money pit

1K views 20 replies 1 participant last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
G
#1 ·
xr\'s a money pit

almost got all the parts i need to put my 200r back together just need to get my cylider work done a few gaskets and a piston. i guess nobody makes a aftermarket cam for it. if they do noone i can get a hold of can find one. Hope to have it finished by spring still waiting on the oil seals so i can get the bottom end together. i really wish i had given up on this bomb before i spent a grand on all these parts for something that takes up three shelves of baggies and coffee cans of parts.

G
#4 ·
Re: xr\'s a money pit

Speakin of it bein a money pit, i dumped 430 bucks into my 200r and got 15 minutes of fun out of it, then the same thing happened all over again...

I'd rather be STROKED than BORED...

G
#7 ·

i really hope my bike dont end up the way it was. i will take a hammer to it before i buy another crank. still am a little worried because i have no idea why the con rod bearing failed and ended up throughout the motor. i only rode it maybe a few hours the whole time i had it and poof it just sounded like it ran out of gas and died. just couldn't kick it over. then i took the inspection plug out and turned the motor over with a ratchet hardly bumped it and it kicked over a few times and locked again. at first i thought the cam chain jumped until i took the cam out and found it was still locked. i new it was something big though once i took the covers off the sides and seen all that brass all over. should of listened to my buds they said junk it. but no not me. oh and another thing the nuts on the rockers vibrated loose about a week before the motor died never would of noticed but the cap vibrated off the valve cover and got lost about maybe 50 feet from my trailer

#8 ·

There is a reason they don't make a big cam for it /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G
#9 ·

xrs yuck! my friend is constantly working on his 200. he fixed his clutch maybe 2 months ago at the most and itis slipping again in higher gears already. hes ordering springs for it today which as they always do for him will take about a year to come in. i say just buy a 2 stroke

G
#11 ·

i noticed too when i was showing my buddies some of the stuff i bought that there apears to be deep scratches on the insides of the inpection caps over the exhaust valves. does anybody know why this could of happened the one cap was only on the bike for one ride before she died

G
#18 ·

i was reading through my clymer book to see if i can start putting the thing together before i forget where stuff went. I came across a problem in the manual it says you have to take it to a dealer to get the counterbalancer aligned. is this true? so far the book has said like a dozen times to take it to the dealer for various things. they also said i had to take it to a dealer to get the crank out. A over sized socket and a few light taps from a hammer took care of that. I just don't want to press the crank in and have the balance off. the cheap bastards cant even tell ya what position to put the balancer. i would asume it would only fit one way or it would hit the crank weight. definitly dont want to tear up the crank!

G
#19 ·

See if you can take a boo at the Honda shop manual and check if the info is in there. Sometime they'll recomend the dealer perform a task but if you want to do it yourself they'll explain how.

G
#20 ·

WHEN PUTTING THE CRANK BEARINGS into the case, freeze the bearings and torch the case with propane thay will fall in. then let the bearings/case sit in the sun and put the crank assembly ine the freezer for about 6 hours or till real cold then put the crank into the case bearings. when you heat things they expand, freeze vice versa. thats why they say never work on a hot motor, everthing is expanded and tight, unlike your mother, sorry had to!

When in doubt, GAS IT

G
#21 ·

thats sorta the way i got the bearing in the one side. i put the bearing in the freezer and put the case in hot water. Is there a link to get the info i need? or do i need to buy a honda shop manual?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.