sidewinder again? - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 04:04 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

sidewinder again?

this is what i wrote to the best chain company in the world and still no reply. figures

TO WHOM THIS MAY CONCERN:

I purchased your stainless rear, high density tool steel front, and gold series super pro o-ring chain for the 2000-2001 riding season. After spending $260 I thought that I would be buying the best product on the market today. Unfortunately I have not been able to ride as much as I normally do, which is one of the reasons I am writing this. Initially, upon receipt of goods, I was more than satisfied with your product. I have about a 1/2 season on my chain/sprocket combo and they are already in need of replacement. the rear sprocket has worn slightly but no need for replacement now. the front sprocket, is no longer a sprocket, as all of the teeth have been broken off. I made sure that these items were maintained up to "SIDEWINDER SPECS" but that has done me no justice. My stock sprockets lasted me a full riding season so why would I want to spend extra money to purchase your product. I am aware that the front will wear faster than the rear and it does need replacement, but not a half season, especially when I have not even been out that much! the chain is still decent but once again why would I spend the extra money when the stock parts are cheaper and last just as long! My friend also purchased your product since I told them what great news I had heard about Sidewinder. well, needless to say, he has also experienced extreme wear on his sprockets compared to factory.

I have taken extra care on wheel alignment, proper chain tension, and I have only used your lubricant on your products. I installed as the installation sheet said(removed film with mineral spirits) and have only used a nylon brush(on the outside of chain, no damage to o-rings) with warm mild soapy water as instructed for periodic cleaning. I am sad to say that I do not feel that your product has performed up to the standards that SIDEWINDER portrays in all of your ads!

Dissatisfied customer,

John Palmer
i left my address and # too. i placed an order for a front sprocket that day too, maybe there is a bomb in the box???

When in doubt, GAS IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 04:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: sidewinder again?

Too bad about the poor performance. Thats the kind of BS that really pi$$es me off!!!!!
I used to buy all the high dollar Renthal stuff. But I have come to the conclusion that the standard steel front and rear sprockets are more than adequate and the lesser priced chains work fine. Although they do stretch more than the better ones. But thats why they made so you can take links out. I figure either way I am replacing them every season anyway. So why spend the big $$. I can deal with the extra weight. Although now I can't quite clear that 90 foot triple anymore. Hee hee ho ho ha ha!!!!!!!
Good Luck Bro!!

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 05:11 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Did you send that as an e-mail or snail mail yz? And how long ago did you send it? When I was having trouble with my boots, it took Alpinestars awhile to get back to me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 05:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

EMAILED TO [email protected], FRIDAY THE 24TH.

the stock is actually lighter since the rear is stainless, super beefy chain, and extra thick steel front.

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 05:29 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Maybe just give them a little while yz. They probably get swamped with e-mails from sex starved young studs. lol. It was at least a week when I contacted the company about my boots. Paitence.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-28-2001, 06:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

PATIANCE IS A VIRTUE!

When in doubt, GAS IT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode