The SP125 has been retired - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 08:24 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

The SP125 has been retired

At 6:00 tonight, I was going down the road by my house when it happened. I had just hit third gear, doing 25-30, when my neighbor's Great Pyrenese jumped out in front of me. I didn't have time to do anything,and when I hit the dog, I slid down the road for about 50 or 60 feet on my hands and butt. Now I have a viscious case of road rash down my right forearm, both hands, and on my butt. I warped the bars and busted a blinker on my bike. But with the other minor things it needs, it's probably not worth fixing. So, I guess I have retired my first motorcycle. It sucks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:33 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: The SP125 has been retired

Hey, wanna sell the cdi ignition and coil? My neighbor kid has a SP125 with weak spark, I think it's the CDI or coil. Let me know. Thakns, Ed in Iowa.
P.S. Sorry about your crash. Hopefully you'll end up with an even better bike this way?

post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 09:57 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

And the vultures swoop in to pick the remains of the fallen SP125. The sight is too ghastly, therefore I must turn away.

J/K Ed in Iowa

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:06 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had planned to just keep it parked, just in case I decide for some reason to throw more money into it and bring it out of retirement. But I may consider sellin parts off of it. The bike only has 6900 miles on it. What year is your neighbor's SP. Mine's an '86.

post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:07 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I had planned to just keep it parked, just in case I decide for some reason to throw more money into it and bring it out of retirement. But I may consider sellin parts off of it. The bike only has 6900 miles on it. What year is your neighbor's SP. Mine's an '86.

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:16 PM

wow a hitting dog like that has to be worth at least 50 points! haha how did the dog fair?

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 10:48 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

My front tire hit it in the butt. I knocked it sideways. As i was slidng down the road on my butt, I saw it running towards the barn. Granted, as I was sliding down the road, feeling the flesh being ripped from my hands, I wasn't too concerned about the dog at that time.

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-22-2001, 11:07 PM

yes i imagine you thought of many recipies for dogs as you slid

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 02:18 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Coolbrad, my neighbors sp125 is a 84 or 85. I've been watching for a parts bike for a while. I don't care what you do w/your bike, but if you part it out let me know. My neighbor is patient and he just bought a Blaster from me so he's not worrying about the sp at this minute. Chubby, you know you have to answer when oppurtunity knocks. (whatever that means).

HEY, no one ever responded to my lame Spring Creek post. Is there no KTM freaks out there? KTM rules!!!!!!
KTM rules!!!!!!!!!1
KTM rules!!!!!!!!!!
Penton rules!!!!!!!

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-23-2001, 10:28 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

The reason I asked is because the SP's changed in '86. The '86-'88s are a lot the same, but the earlier ones may not interchange that many parts. I'm planning on keeping it, but if I do part it out, I'll sure let you know.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode