Getting Closer - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 04:44 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Getting Closer

Ok, i'm closer to knowing which bike i want then i was two hours ago. Where as the XR650L is a great bike, not completly ruled out. But it weighs 325 dry!!! the DRZ400S(weighs 249) looks like a very worthy adversary. I know it shares a lot with the WR400, but can anyone tell me anything that i might need to know about them. I also could just take a WR400 and spend about a grand have it street legal and have exhaust/intake/jets/and that trick digital speedo that's out. But I'm looking for people who have ridden these bikes so i can get some feedback. Please help, i'm a confused man who wants a bike worse then his next breath. But at least I've narrowed it down to the more nimble 400series vs. the hog 640KTM and xr650l. True they may have more top end, but i'm just cruising on back roads and hitting the woods. Thanks for listening to all my questions guys. Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-15-2001, 05:18 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Getting Closer

DROP THE WR AND GET THE YZ IF YOUR GOING TO change everything anyway. you can make the yz a dual-sport for like 650 from baja designs. f the drz, suzuki sucks. the yz will run circles around this thing. the wr is a detuned version of the yz so i wouldn't go with this myself. just change the gearing.

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-16-2001, 11:59 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I have heard great things about the wr400 and it sounds more suited to what you want to do than a YZ.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 01:20 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

listen sista, if you want to come onto this site you gotta be a little more original than mxgirl. this is the 21st CENTURY. LIVE a little would. i thought chicks were self
righteous these days. that would be like me being "dirtbikingdude" you following me here??? sorry had to comment

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 02:33 PM
portgrinder

nice burn!

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 02:34 PM

haha nothing like a warm welcome! yeah a nice original name like mine hahahaha

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 03:21 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

YA PEOPLE ARE WITH ME ON THIS ONE! now portgrinder for example- his name has meaning, on the other hand 98warrior and joshisnuckinfutz, well there both faggotts and there little boys so we don't care. but a woman of the millineum, i am expecting more from ya!! what ya riding anyhow,MXGIRL

When in doubt, GAS IT
post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 06:24 PM
portgrinder

damn straight.

what about a name like 'girlinthestandswearingafoxshirt' hehe

test rode the 400f i might buy. it goes pretty good. its still a 4 stroke though, dammmit

You wear your silver chain but the cross won't stop the lies,you believe in nothing
Kenton Thomas,Portal
post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 07:40 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

Dirtclod20, I have a '01 DRZ400e. If you're thinking about a dual sport then the DRZs is more practical than a WR. The Yama is a great moto but the modifications will cost you. The DRZs is already geared and has the appropriate lighting to ride on the street. Also you wont have any issues with registration.

post #10 of (permalink) Old 08-17-2001, 09:56 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

How does the DRZ400S compare to the E??? From what I have learned, the E has a slightly higher compression ratio then the S 12.2 to 11.3, and a different carb Keihin vs. Mikuni, and some other odd and end things. The bikes seem to have quite a bit in common. I've ridden a YZ426F and liked the bikes characteristics, but like people on this board and myself know that the Suzuki is a better bike for my habbits. Without going into detail, do the bikes have similar riding characteristics? And will all i need to do to the bike is slap a header/exhaust/jets and hammer down on that damn thing? And one last question, what type exhaust should i look towards Pro-Circuit/WB R-series/FMF with BoMb Header??? Thanks Guys and girls who are out there :-) Marc

88 Samurai, 16 V EFI motor, Dana 44's, 36" Swampers, ARB and Detroit
lockers, custom drop arms, GRS II, 5.38 r&p, Warn 8000, custom bumpers,
leather seats & lots more.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode