xr200r questions - Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups
Dirtbike Lounge Hang out and talk two wheels. For Tech and Racing specifically, see those forums below.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 04:12 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

xr200r questions

I boought my 1985 xr200r for $200 it sorta ran when i got it but shortly died after a trip to the local trails. I still figured i got a good deal considering what a new bike costs. I soon found out the guy i bought it from never took care of it. so i have completely replaced all internal components including the crank. I don't want to split the motor again anytime soon so I didn't take any chances. I spent quite a bit on parts so I want it to be plenty faster than a stocker. My question is does anybody make a aftermarket headpipe? how about a cam? hotter coil? other than that i got everything but a piston because im waiting till i can afford to get the cylinder bored or a big bore kit if i can find one. im hoping to finish it buy the end of the year

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of (permalink) Old 08-04-2001, 07:49 PM
Keyboard Implanted

Re: xr200r questions

Your going to throw alot of money into a bike that will never be fast at all.....

But if you must... go to SoCalxrs.com and search around!!

But Josh has a Fast XR200... I'm sure he'll speak up with some usefull info in no time at all [img]/wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif[/img]

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys
post #3 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 01:13 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

Yes, Kyron, it is I, and..uh...dude, whatever you do, check your valves, they are bitches dude, they will fu(k up your whole engine if they arent' adjusted right, next check the rings, you might not be gettin enough compression to start the engine, my rings were sh!t. And of course, check out the piston and crank and rod while you are in there, four strokes are a bitch dude, don't buy another one.

<font color=blue>UGH, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.</font color=blue>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of (permalink) Old 08-05-2001, 10:30 PM

haha amen to that!! what were they thinking when they made an engine with all those goofy parts in it??

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
post #5 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 02:16 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

oh yeah i forgot to say why i had to replace the crank. the connecting rod bearing was toast and ended up throughout the motor. i still can't beleive they charge $100 for a timing chain or 400 for a crank but what are ya gonna do junk it. i have yet to part with any of my bikes junk or not. anyway im sure my 200 will still beat most of my buddies bikes they drive mostly old [censored] with steel tanks and little kx 80s

post #6 of (permalink) Old 08-06-2001, 09:51 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

$100 for a timing chain? i have seen them for like 30 bucks dude...that's a rip off, where you live, hawaii?

<font color=blue>UGH, I HATE WHEN THAT HAPPENS.</font color=blue>
post #7 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 12:45 AM
**DONOTDELETE**

no i live in michigan im serious i paid 100 bucks the first one they tried selling me looked almost like a regular bike chain it was like 30 but the one on my bike looks like a car timing chain the guy at the store told me the 2 valve bikes parts are lot cheaper than the 4 valve

post #8 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 05:02 PM
**DONOTDELETE**

I just replaced tha cam chain on my xr200 and it cost me 18$. You got ripped off bad!

post #9 of (permalink) Old 08-07-2001, 08:13 PM

hehe duncha just feel great now?!

<font color=blue>I ride a Banshee. Fear me.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>89 Banshee</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>98 Warrior</font color=blue>
<font color=red>95 300ex</font color=red>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Off-Road Forums & Discussion Groups forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode