Off Roading Forums banner

Good tires

1K views 17 replies 4 participants last post by  **DONOTDELETE** 
#1 ·
What would be the best tire for a CR 500 in soft terain? Intermediate? Hard? What tire would last the longest?

#2 ·
CHUBBY!!!!!!!! this one is all urs!! ahahaha

I ran dunflops on my bikes....cant remember the numbers tho...
7 hundred series I believe

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

#4 ·
Oh Boy

.... I dont know if I can handle the pressure /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif
I've always ran the right type of front tire for the condition's and then just used a hard pack tire for the rear.
A 500 will just tear up a mud tire if you come in contact with any rocks....
I realy like the brigstone M-22 rear tire it stays clean in the mud (dosnt pack up) and as long as the front is good I've been happy.... right now I have some IRC inter tire on back and it still looks good, CR500's EAT rear tire's keep em' cheap

there's my 3 cents

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G
#5 ·
Re: Oh Boy

I Normally Just Run Whatever is On my Bike :), But the Thing I HATE About the track where I ride is that There really Are NO Certain Condtions, So it's HARD to choose a Tire, I Normally Just go for a Cheap Intermediate, When You Get to the Track it Can Be Normally One of 3 things, 1: Like Soft Dirt thats Kinda Like Sand, 2: If they Bring Out the Water Truck....VERY Muddy, which Sucks because the Front end of Bike Wallows in the SLICK Mud, Making it hard to even Control the bike through turns, and Kinda scary, 3: Sometime's it's Like Hard Pack, Parts of the track are always hard pack though.....It Mystifys me why they Couldn't Just decide on ONE Type Of Soil or whatever....Or am i just being a Wuss? (I think I May be setting myself Up with that one...)

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"

#6 ·

Ya you did set your self up with that one... JuSt GAs iT YoU WiMP /wwwthreads_images/icons/laugh.gif that will stop the front from sliding out

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G
#8 ·

Lol, I Knew It!.....Haha, But hey now...as you'll notice I didn'y use My CrAzY WeiRD typin typin style on that one....Wow!...And did I say i Don't like it when the Front end wallow's around in slick stuff? My bad....I meant I LOVE IT!!! HAHA, Yea that's What I REALLY Meant :-D

"Wastin Away Again In Margaritaville"

#10 ·

oooo chubby....now now now...we dont wanna go there do we?? ahahaha

I would like to know more info on tires myself cuz I gotta get new tires for the YZ250 this year...

AirBorn!!
The good Lord giveth and the Eco-Nazi's Taketh away!
United we stand..Divided we fall..LETS UNITE!

#13 ·
traction

My XR100 is WAY faster and harder to controll than my CR500 when the tire is flat......
other wise I'll ride my mountain bike with the semi-slick tires on a mud ride so I can "glide" across the top of the mud so my bike wont get dirty /wwwthreads_images/icons/smile.gif

You need a thneed
From Once-ler Industrys

G
#14 ·
I run a Dunlop 756 front and rear on my '87 CR500. I mainly ride it out in the desert where there aren't many rocks, lots of intermediate dirt and sand. But you got to watch out for the rocks with these tires. As if you stray into them for very long, you'll be looking for tires soon. And figure two rear tires for every front. That is about the average for me.

Thom
'87 CR500
There is no replacement for displacement

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.